CR4® - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: Voltage Relay   Next in Forum: Drilling Bits
Close
Close
Close
8 comments

New Invention Patented with WIPO. int

11/29/2017 2:13 PM

What do you all think of this: http://VoltageSynthesizerBasics.blogspot.com ? Should the world begin to innovate power supply technology?

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 339

Re: New Invention patented with WIPO. int

11/29/2017 2:45 PM

Are you M L Harris by any chance?

In reply to #1

11/29/2017 3:38 PM

No. I heard about Harris through his crowd funding campaign via Facebook. It does seem very interesting and exciting what can be done and he says he has more to add to the blog later.

Register to Reply
Guru
Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 421

11/29/2017 9:42 PM

What nonsense!!! You can accomplish the same thing with an autotransformer or a three winding transformer. I hope you didn't send too much money to that guy.

In reply to #3

11/30/2017 12:55 AM

No you can't & those transformers take up more space and they lose current proportional to the ratio increase in voltage. Obviously you see this as a threat to your career as a power grid engineer. It needs to be used where needed first and in places where it is difficult to generate and for things like heating greenhouses in the winter, etc. The government regulators will decide what to do with it. If you can accomplish this with autotransformers, etc. like you say, then this is another way to do it.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #4

11/30/2017 5:30 PM

Actually it's no threat to me, but you feel compelled to mark it "Off Topic" to protect your own ego! I read the entire paper with an unprejudiced eye, but it was apparent that the author was clueless about how AC networks and transformers behave.

Under normal circumstances I would suggest that you try some of his examples, but since I recognize the lack of theory and myriad safety hazards implicit in doing so, I don't want to subject you to the possible shocking results!

You have "drunk the kool-aid" and believe that some wacky combination of transformers will somehow magically produce more power output than the power put into the circuit via the mains. Ain't gonna happen, transformers are passive devices that cannot deliver more power than is input to them.

If you want to heat a greenhouse in winter, do what most rational people do, use the sun (and it helps the plants grow too!).

In reply to #5

12/02/2017 10:25 AM

I marked it off topic because you use nothing but destructive criticism saying it is nonsense. He is a genius! And not clueless. I already wired up his diagrams and they work and I tested everything I could with my meters. He has found a way to convert voltage into current without step-down transformers doing it all. There is no shocking results unless you wire the primary up wrong and this is only by connecting three wires together when all connections are just two wires. He published this in May of 2016 so I have had time to experiment with this. He has two diagrams showing what not to do to avoid a mishap and a warning at the end about 600 volts. He cares. It doesn't produce more power, but adds voltage so that it pushes the same current through more devices as in diagram 3. Or the voltage can be changed into current again as in Diagram 7, then you have more electrical current to provide power. The transformers themselves are not delivering more power, it is how they are connected in series by isolating the parallel branches. It is the complete circuit making the results. If you think you are so right, then you should contact WIPO and tell them to refund his money, I wonder how much he has spent on this. I will contact him. His address is M_L_Harris@live.com. I think you have a hidden agenda here or are envious you didn't think of such a simple circuit or maybe what he said about it being impossible or you don't like his relationship with Christianity. Read what else he says in his gofundme.com campaign, about more he has to come. You cannot heat a greenhouse in the winter using the sun in northern countries and not at night or cloudy days. Or they would be doing it. He has given us a solution for many things mentioned and unmentioned, you and all of us should capitalize on this and wake up and realize what we have here! We must get the governments to monitor this closely so the innovations just don't upset the economy too much or too fast or tick off some company when they see a big drop in their balance sheets for example of course electricity will be cheaper than natural gas for heating and the furnace repairmen, etc. will be alarmed, they just need to be retrained or hired or have shares in the innovations, but this will be healthier for all.

Register to Reply Score 1 for Off Topic
Guru

In reply to #6

12/02/2017 6:59 PM

If it's so great how come it isn't being used on a grand scale?? btw- injecting religion into an engineering discussion is way off topic...there is no way anyone knows anyone's religion, nor should it matter. I'm glad the circuits work for you; now go put your knowledge to work destroying the big bad utility companies...

In reply to #7

12/05/2017 12:58 PM

It is still too early for a grand scale plan. I think most people are dumbfounded about all this and refusing to believe that this is possible. This is a new law in physics - how to create a higher voltage from a lower one using the same source. Religion matters for all things especially if you begin early in life to establish a relationship, practice the golden rule by not being malevolent toward others, then God will bless you with something. I think Harris doesn't intend to destroy the utility companies by what he writes, he wants to cut down on pollution, grow more food, and get more electrical power out there where needed. Imagine during a massive flood, more pumps could be applied at a much lower cost to the municipalities. And me I do not want to destroy anyone's balance sheets either too fast. The governments should make sure that too much freedom is not given to companies to go out and try to get rich quick with this, upsetting the economy and ticking off somebody big time. Inventors have been killed before, they tried to kill Nikola Tesla. They kill natural health doctors with cures, etc.

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 8 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

phoenix911 (1); RAMConsult (3); Super88 (4)

Previous in Forum: Voltage Relay   Next in Forum: Drilling Bits

Advertisement