Sites: GlobalSpec.com | GlobalSpec Electronics | CR4 | Electronics360
Login | Register
The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: Battery backup of Dell Inspron 1501   Next in Forum: Repairing Servo Motors
Close

Comments Format:

Close

Subscribe to Discussion:

CR4 allows you to "subscribe" to a discussion
so that you can be notified of new comments to
the discussion via email.

Close

Rating Vote:

6 comments
Anonymous Poster

HOW to build GSM antenna booster

08/15/2008 6:06 AM

Dear's

my house is in a far distance from GSM operator BTS, so the signal inside the house is very week, kindly is there any one can help me in find a way to build a cheep GSM antenna booster

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain - possibly to become "South Scotland" or "Non-Caledonia" from September 2016. Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 565

Re: HOW to build GSM antenna booster

08/15/2008 8:06 AM

Hmmm....

An antenna booster? Why not do the obvious thing and fit a directional antenna instead, and point it towards the transmitter?

The recent explosion of personal telephony across the globe seems to have gone hand-in-hand with a profound reluctance to actually use the damn things for the purpose for which they have been designed.
Active Contributor

In reply to #1

08/15/2008 9:50 AM

Ok, But any directional antenna can do the job ? even if used WIFI outdoor antenna ?

Participant

In reply to #2

08/17/2008 6:21 AM

dear all ,

i need to build up the booster because i need it to SIM USB modem , i didn't have any signal on my house

please reply me for what is the system compnents of the booster

Active Contributor

In reply to #3

08/17/2008 1:19 PM
Anonymous Poster

08/18/2008 2:13 AM

thank you Amer

but the issue which i need to make an external Gsm antenna booster without putting the cable in my phone , it's like the following senario

GSM Tower Co. ))) (((-- yagi uda antenna in out of your house + cable + signal repeater amplifier device + cable + omin antenna putting inside your house

i'm not need to put any cable to me phone , so it like acts as i have the signal from the GSM BST directely

please reply me to build up the repaeater ( GSM Booster )

Participant

01/17/2010 2:12 AM

Dear's

my house is in a far distance from GSM operator BTS, so the signal inside the house is very week, kindly is there any one can help me in find a way to build a cheep GSM antenna booster

Reply to Forum Thread 6 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

amer7909 (2); Anonymous Poster (1); miami1983 (1); PWSlack (1); sanamelectronics (1)

Previous in Forum: Battery backup of Dell Inspron 1501   Next in Forum: Repairing Servo Motors
You might be interested in: Booster Pumps, Horn Antennas, 3G, UMTS and EDGE Chips