CR4 - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion ®
Login | Register for Engineering Community (CR4)

Previous in Forum: Battery backup of Dell Inspron 1501   Next in Forum: Repairing Servo Motors
Close
Close
Close
6 comments
Anonymous Poster

HOW to build GSM antenna booster

08/15/2008 6:06 AM

Dear's

my house is in a far distance from GSM operator BTS, so the signal inside the house is very week, kindly is there any one can help me in find a way to build a cheep GSM antenna booster

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 643

Re: HOW to build GSM antenna booster

08/15/2008 8:06 AM

Hmmm....

An antenna booster? Why not do the obvious thing and fit a directional antenna instead, and point it towards the transmitter?

In reply to #1

08/15/2008 9:50 AM

Ok, But any directional antenna can do the job ? even if used WIFI outdoor antenna ?

Participant

In reply to #2

08/17/2008 6:21 AM

dear all ,

i need to build up the booster because i need it to SIM USB modem , i didn't have any signal on my house

please reply me for what is the system compnents of the booster

Active Contributor

In reply to #3

08/17/2008 1:19 PM
Anonymous Poster

08/18/2008 2:13 AM

thank you Amer

but the issue which i need to make an external Gsm antenna booster without putting the cable in my phone , it's like the following senario

GSM Tower Co. ))) (((-- yagi uda antenna in out of your house + cable + signal repeater amplifier device + cable + omin antenna putting inside your house

i'm not need to put any cable to me phone , so it like acts as i have the signal from the GSM BST directely

please reply me to build up the repaeater ( GSM Booster )

Participant

01/17/2010 2:12 AM

Dear's

my house is in a far distance from GSM operator BTS, so the signal inside the house is very week, kindly is there any one can help me in find a way to build a cheep GSM antenna booster

Reply to Forum Thread 6 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

amer7909 (2); Anonymous Poster (1); miami1983 (1); PWSlack (1); sanamelectronics (1)

Previous in Forum: Battery backup of Dell Inspron 1501   Next in Forum: Repairing Servo Motors
You might be interested in: Booster Pumps, Horn Antennas, 3G, UMTS and EDGE Chips

Engineering Newsletter Signup
Get the Engineering360
Stay up to date on:
Network hardware and software used to manage digital communications technologies, and the latest in LAN's and WAN's.

Advertisement