Sites: GlobalSpec.com | GlobalSpec Electronics | CR4 | Electronics360
Login | Register
The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: Mesco View 5.06 (Wk 3260p) and Scan-415T: Measuring Error   Next in Forum: Signals from Field Instruments, Sensors and Switches
Close

Comments Format:

Close

Subscribe to Discussion:

CR4 allows you to "subscribe" to a discussion
so that you can be notified of new comments to
the discussion via email.

Close

Rating Vote:

9 comments
Participant

Circuit Diagram of Alcohol Detector

12/30/2008 7:37 AM

Hi all,

I need circuit diagram of Alcohol detector, also suitable sensor and should be battery operated.

If any body have, please post.

Vinit

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 64

Re: Circuit Diagram of Alcohol Detector

12/30/2008 10:19 AM

I read about an alcohol sensor that can connect to an iPhone. You should be able to google it up.

Register to Reply Score 1 for Off Topic
Guru
Canada - Member - New Member Hobbies - Musician - New Member

Good Answers: 39

12/30/2008 11:03 PM

I can send you a picture of my brother in law. He can detect alcohol at fifty paces, totally wireless, not to mention clueless. Battery not included.

Good Answers: 5

12/31/2008 4:58 AM

Well I made several using alcohol sensor with led readout driven by LM 2914- but can buy better units cheap- anyway, after several tries, I realised I am over the legal limit anyway, & so I just dodge the coppers!. Silicon Chip mag in Oz has circuits I used- google em- I still carry 4 alc det in car- but can't be bothered using!- Cheers- & a happy & boozy New Year!.(ps- some units used a signal meter as ind- anyway all give good ind of alc in breath-ie am I over/under 0.whatever- doesn't indicate if you are safe to drive)- but strangely, I still get home without accidents, even tho coppers would say"oohh- your 0.4- you are a danger!- or you should be dead at that level!- wise up cops- your levels are revenue raising & only relevant to young hotheads-as I was once!. Any seasoned drinker knows this.(your body adapts to the poison & uses it as food- provided you cut back on food!-eech!) Pps- I am looking for a brain transplant, not to mention LIVER!(Isaid not to mention!!!).

Register to Reply Score 2 for Off Topic
Anonymous Poster

12/31/2008 9:03 AM

Buddy, you need to be more specific.

It sounds like you have to do something and are asking for a "gimme".

Figure out what transducer, sensor, or detection system you are looking at. I am sure there are more than just LED based systems (that requires all sorts of intricate bits - like having DI water everytime it is used - this is how alot of drinkers get away from prosecution in the state of FL - cops have not used the DI water mostly).

Anyway, once you have a selected design you can ask about biasing, filtering and amplifying the information to display/record the results. Of course you'll need the power supply bit as well.

You are not asking for help on how to make bean dip here, you are asking for a drive-through, ready-to-eat, mexican fiesta from Taco Bell, it seems. That wont get you far, I believe.

Work the steps and ask for help where you really need it. From the 3 posts you have up, it seems you are asking for circuits for projects and do not have any specs here.

I doubt any one will just produce what you seek without details of your plan/strategy or if you are asking about an already made device at least provide a model and MFG.

Best of luck with the device project.

Happy Holidays

Guru
Australia - Member - New Member Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 22

12/31/2008 9:25 AM

If you want one here is a sight

http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_105289/article.html

You will have to pay for it though.

Safety - ESD - New Member Popular Science - Cosmology - Amateur Astronomer Technical Fields - Technical Writing - Writer India - Member - Regular CR4 participant Engineering Fields - Optical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 31

12/31/2008 1:33 PM

So you are employing (free of charge) CR4 for all your design needs. In one post you are asking information for wireless trasmission of 4-20 mA and here you are asking for alcohol sensor.

It seems clearly that you are not doing your homework

Guru
Hobbies - Automotive Performance - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member

Location: Want to be: 34° 34' 21.60" N, 92° 55' 42.28" W Really am in Arizona
Good Answers: 1058

12/31/2008 6:42 PM

This is really a great forum. I've become a regular because of the interesting points of view and knowledge available here.

I've only been around here for a short while, but one thing that really stands out is how many lazy, incompetent, uninformed people want free advice that they can, apparently, sell to their clients or employers.

How to cast 13000m3 concrete on site?

How can I make free h2?

I need a circuit for.............

I need a design for............

What does this mean??????

How you do this?????????????????

This is typically the amount of information included with these self serving posts.

Most of the "I needs" have not even taken the time to search the net for themselves.

If you are going to exploit the kind people here, you should at least acknowledge it

Canada - Member - New Member Hobbies - Musician - New Member

Good Answers: 39
In reply to #7

12/31/2008 7:31 PM

Most of the "I needs" have not even taken the time to search the net for themselves. If you are going to exploit the kind people here, you should at least acknowledge it

REPLY: The biggest giggles are the ones that pretend to be working in a company then ask something so basic; its obviously a home work question from middle school science, physics, or chemistry class. Followed by the blatant pitch for investors to finance their (patent pending) magic perpetual motion machine or over unity energy source that "only" needs a cool million to build a working prototype.

Happy New Year!

Hobbies - Automotive Performance - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member

Location: Want to be: 34° 34' 21.60" N, 92° 55' 42.28" W Really am in Arizona
Good Answers: 1058
In reply to #8

12/31/2008 9:39 PM

Yes, Why can't they be more like we are? Perfect in every way.

It's 7:30 PM MST USA here.

We may see the new year before you, depending on your location.

We is a relative term, I'll be in bed. My relatives may be up, but I won't.

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (1); bhankiii (1); elnav (2); garth (1); gsuhas (1); lyn (2); Neil Kwyrer (1)

Previous in Forum: Mesco View 5.06 (Wk 3260p) and Scan-415T: Measuring Error   Next in Forum: Signals from Field Instruments, Sensors and Switches
You might be interested in: Circuit Breakers, Circuit Tracers, Circuit Protection Devices