Sites: GlobalSpec.com | GlobalSpec Electronics | CR4 | Electronics360
Login | Register
The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: Specification for Preparing Piping Material   Next in Forum: Wikipedia Asks for Help
Close

Comments Format:

Close

Subscribe to Discussion:

CR4 allows you to "subscribe" to a discussion
so that you can be notified of new comments to
the discussion via email.

Close

Rating Vote:

3 comments
Guru

Good Answers: 10

Children's Toys

01/02/2009 8:21 AM

Well another holiday season has passed us. I have four children in the home and am a participant in Christmas traditions as well as being constantly bombarded with birthdays. The oldest child in my home is 8 and the youngest is 3.

In recent years much has been said about the failing quality of toys. The increased need for batteries. As well as safety and other disappointing issues.

Over the years I have become much more diligent in my searches for toys that I personally feel worth my purchase. It is not easy.

We have a store in Austin which is hands above any box store (Terra Toys), and they have truly great toys. Many of which are UK and German made.

So what toys have you Moms, Dads, Aunts, Uncle, G-Pas and G-mas been surprised, disappointed or confused by this year?

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Good Answers: 10

Re: Childrens toys

01/02/2009 8:25 AM

I have been glad to see more and more science and music toys in everyday stores. However the quality is SO poor I have not been real generous with the $.

A huge hit with everyone, young and old, in my home are the nerf guns. We have about a dozen variations/models and hundreds of rounds of ammo.

Come to my house and it just a matter of time before a Nerf war breaks out. (the ammo plays hell on the vaccuum cleaner)

cr3

United States - Member - New Member Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - Organizer Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Engineering Fields - Nuclear Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 32

Re: Children's Toys

01/02/2009 9:19 AM

Happy New Year to you, TexasCharley. Santa brought Moose Jr. a Leap Frog Tag touch-reading system. It's a fun educational toy and a nifty gadget, but it's not very durable. The wand got dropped on the floor once and stopped working. Hopefully, Wal-Mart will let us exchange it since a drive to the North Pole is out of the question right now.

Register to Reply
Guru
Popular Science - Biology - New Member Hobbies - Musician - New Member APIX Pilot Plant Design Project - Member - New Member Hobbies - CNC - New Member Fans of Old Computers - ZX-81 - New Member

Good Answers: 92

Re: Children's Toys

01/02/2009 10:41 AM

Santa brought my grandson a Guitar Hero for the PS3. It is not really playing the guitar but fast responses are required. And it actually helps him because he reproduces the sounds (as far as I can tell) on his electric guitar.

I have tried but loose sync at the 3rd note already, maybe because I cannot make sense of the melody (give me the Shadows etc ant time) or get distracted by the appearance of the band.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Hendrik (1); Steve Melito (1); TexasCharley (1)

Previous in Forum: Specification for Preparing Piping Material   Next in Forum: Wikipedia Asks for Help
You might be interested in: Door Stays and Lid Stays