Sites: GlobalSpec.com | GlobalSpec Electronics | CR4 | Electronics360
Login | Register
The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: Gassification Technology Supplier   Next in Forum: Adhesive Joints and Nano-Enhanced Glues
Close

Comments Format:

Close

Subscribe to Discussion:

CR4 allows you to "subscribe" to a discussion
so that you can be notified of new comments to
the discussion via email.

Close

Rating Vote:

49 comments
Associate

New Patent

03/21/2010 11:26 AM

I have a Great Patent. US www.patentgenius.com/patent/7571681.html

I am looking for selling opportunities. Or to team up with the right Company.

This should have bin 4 Patents. There is the car that was designed to replace Ties on the run and leave very little behind. It mentions recycling the old Ties and Spikes. Plus there is a new locking device that secures the rail to the tie. It works like a Bear Trap. That is just one of the things that allows this to be don on the run.

Please Contact me at your earliest Convenience.

I am open to all possibilities.

Ruston Haughey

CR4 Admin - Home address, phone number, and e-mail address removed

From the Site FAQ: Do not post phone numbers or email addresses. The CR4 Admin will delete all phone numbers posted in threads or comments, and we strongly urge you not to put up email addresses.

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru
Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 146

Re: New Patent

03/21/2010 11:36 AM

just because one is granted a patent....does not mean it will work.

In reply to #1

03/21/2010 12:28 PM

I spent years putting this together. www.patentgenius.com/patent/7571681.html

Like i said I em open to all possibilities.

I wood be willing to pay ? 15% if we could apply for the Grants. And get it built on the computer so that we can see it in motion with every thing working. Seeing is Believing.

We should be able to apply for 4 different Grants Jeb Bush has seen my patent and he told me that Each one will be in the Malty Billions Each!! And he has asked to see my business plan. That i do not have at this time. I em now dealing with a Guy from SCORE. So that Jeb can help me track down the Grants for me. I was in a Bad accident and the only income i have is my Disability SS Check. So that is why i em trying to find a Buyer or a Partner.

The Car will Work!!!! With new Ties. That are not Wood.

Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

In reply to #3

03/21/2010 12:35 PM

I wish you good luck with this.

In reply to #1

Re: New Patent #2

03/21/2010 3:32 PM

You said your a problem salver!!! Well i have a real problem. What wood you do if you where me?

I was elected with over 90,000 volts. I lost my memory and my ability to remember. That was 15 years ago. This is the only thing i have worked on. Because after i woke from a three day coma. My parents took me back to where i grew up. And there a old Friend told me about the Primix Corp. http://www.primix.com/products/index.html And i thought it was the best idea i have ever heard of. And so i started to look into how Ties where being replaced. I could not be leave there still just one at a time. All for good reasons i em shirr. But with what little i could remember about Hydraulics form when i was in the air force as a Crew Chef on the old F4 Jet. I put this idea to gather. But i em in NO WAY!!! apart of the Primix Corp. I was just hopping to find a way to get invalid.

But the last time i talked to them. Mr. Fischer Owner and Patent holder Had retired. And Now Sonja M. Gilman is running things. But she told me that there not in position to do anything at this time. So hear i set!!! trying to ?? Do something with it. Do you think? i could find anybody that could help me to get it presentable to do something ANYTHING with it?

I was told to offer 15% plus there expenses after the sell To how ever wanted to Help. Buy my old Attorney that has retired. He told me that was standard.

As i was putting this together I looked into the old Wooden Ties and Found out that with all the nasty Chemicals to preserve them. Are the same things plus a few more chemicals i could make Charcoal. But you cant use that type of Charcoal to cook with. But you can make ether things like Filter's so on and so on There are a lot of things they use Charcoal for. But i think the best idea is to make Firer Prof Plywood Just much them up and add firer retardant to the Clue and wood chips.

And the old Spikes wood give us the metal to make the new locking device that works like a bear trap.

I really think that my Patent wood really Help out!!! Think about all the Jobs it could create. And if i could just make a Dollar for every tie that was replaced AND recycled. Plus a small royalty fee for the new locking device?? And ho ever helps me can ? make anything above my low cost. If they take this on?? And remember that i have Jeb Bush waiting on a Business plan. I think it wood be worth sending him. Just to see if he is still welling to help locate the grants. Hes the one that told me that they would be worth Malty Billions EACH!!! 4 in all

That is why i em now waiting on a Reply from a Guy at Score that said he will help me put a business plan to gather. Do you know of any body or origination that might be interested in my patent? Wood you like to Help Me ? I don't know anything about the rail road. Just what i have got from the people i have talked to over the years. and most of that ?? comes and gos. I still have problem with my Short Term Memory.

Ruston Haughey

rustyhaughey@yahoo.com If you choose to please put Railroad in the Subject Line.

In reply to #6

Re: New Patent #2

03/21/2010 5:52 PM

You said your a problem salver!!!

Yes, I solve existing problems from equipment and processes that do not perform created by poor engineering and design. But developing this is a little different, but I can apply some of the techniques.

So to begin with, I do not know you, or familiar with you, idea or the industry, so I would form a reference point on both you and your product also see where you stand.

This would not at this point have you discuss your actual idea in detail, but the need for it.

This could be rough on you and it could hurt.

Are you ready for it? Before you answer, I want you to think about it.

p911

Hobbies - Automotive Performance - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member

Location: Want to be: 34° 34' 21.60" N, 92° 55' 42.28" W Really am in Arizona
Good Answers: 1085

03/21/2010 12:18 PM

Hi Ruston,

Welcome to CR4 and congratulations on being granted a patent. It is no small task today.

Unfortunately, you have a very limited market to break in to. (Forgive the poor grammar) There can only be a few companies selling to the railroad industry. Since you have a patent, I'd send every rail company on the planet literature.

Be prepared to defend your intellectual property rights. At $200.00-300.00/hour it isn't cheap.

I've seen machines such as that described in your patent operating today. Yours has advantages, I'm sure.

Good luck.

In reply to #2

03/21/2010 12:39 PM

My BIG problem is that The only income i have is my Disability SS Check. I need to find a partner. That can handle ALL expenses.

United Kingdom - Member - Not a New Member Hobbies - Musician - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Good Answers: 361
In reply to #5

03/21/2010 10:04 PM

"I need to find a partner. That can handle ALL expenses."

That, my friend, is indeed your BIG problem. I hope you solve it.

Best wishes,
John

03/21/2010 10:44 PM

I'm curious who did the patent drawings.. very nice. Will the same person not help you prepare animations?

Register to Reply
Associate

In reply to #9

03/22/2010 10:11 AM

Thanks But i Did the drawings And i wanted to do them over. but my attorney said they where good enough to get the point accross. And as far as the animations? What do you mean ??

In reply to #12

03/22/2010 10:51 AM

in #3 you said "And get it built on the computer so that we can see it in motion with every thing working".. so thats 3d mechanical simulation.. sorry.

nice drawings.

Register to Reply Off Topic (Score 5)
Guru

03/21/2010 10:57 PM

A few years ago, I saw a show of a machine that did this, It was a complete unit, that replaced the tie and pinned/spike the tie and rail.

I did just a basic search of Maintenence of way.

http://www.maintenanceofway.com/

(9) ties a minute seems pretty impressive, how is yours an improvement of what already out there?

INSERTER REMOVERS/EXCHANGER - Rail tie inserter removers exchange up to nine ties per minute while maintaining track alignment. A railway Maintenance-of-Way (MOW) tie handler manages switch ties with ease while retaining proportional control for precise tie handling.

p911

Good Answers: 31

03/22/2010 7:10 AM
Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 23

03/22/2010 10:49 AM

You need something to take to a 'railroad trade show' that will demonstrate to the people who will both purchase and manufacture your product that you have a more cost effective solution to the problem.

can you do that?

as it stands.. My first U.S. utility patent is due to issue immediately

In reply to #13

03/22/2010 11:31 AM

The railroad trade Show?? Where is it this year? That wood be nice but i don't have the ability to make it or to be able to afford to do something like that. It sounds like a Good idea. But it wood cost a Fortune. That i don't Have??

Have any more ideas?? do you know of any body that wood be willing to foot the bill? on my behave? Based sooly on my Patent ??

In reply to #15

03/22/2010 12:45 PM

do you know of any body that wood be willing to foot the bill? on my behave? Based sooly on my Patent ??

Rauston, until somebody has a need for it, your patent (idea) is basically worthless. And to incorporate worth into it, you have to spend money, and that is the difficult part. No businessman who is worth his salt, will be willing to put out any kind of money or investment to develop your idea.

That responsibility falls directly onto you. But, if you have time on your hands, don't let that stop you from asking, just recognize a dry well when you see it.

p911

Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - Technical Services Manager Canada - Member - Army brat Popular Science - Cosmology - What is Time and what is Energy? Technical Fields - Architecture - Draftsperson Hobbies - RC Aircraft - New Member

Good Answers: 205
In reply to #16

03/22/2010 1:31 PM

P911, Yusef1,

your patent (idea) is basically worthless.

try not to sugarcoat things too much...

... it can be accomplished, but it is a long hard road from what I understand. I thought getting a patent meant that you had the rights to the concept for automated tie replacement.. so how can there be existing equipment? I would get my money back from my patent lawyer..

Chris

Register to Reply
Guru
Hobbies - Automotive Performance - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member

In reply to #18

03/22/2010 2:21 PM

chrisg288,

That's the problem with patents. They don't give you much protection.

Anyone' "familiar with the art" is supposed to be able to build your invention from the materials provided by you in the patent. That's why patent lawyers are so creative with the descriptive language in the application.

Then, If I can find a way to "improve" on your idea I can file my own patent.

I've been there on both ends. Getting the patent is the beginning, not the end of the quest. With each "alleged infringement" you have to send threatening letters, followed by threatening letters from your lawyer, etc. etc. The company I worked for at the time usually didn't file infringement lawsuits because it was expensive and difficult to win. We just improved our products. Sometimes with what others thought was their intellectual property.

Cheers.

PS I agree. Let's take it easy on the poor guy.

Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Engineering Fields - Engineering Physics - New Member Engineering Fields - Nuclear Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 59
In reply to #18

03/22/2010 3:00 PM

I used to do some model engineering for patents, and have a little understanding here (Note, a LITTLE, so don't come looking to me as a patent attorney. I am not any kind of attorney, and don't practice law. Shoot, I don't even do patent modeling anymore. Too many unrealistic expectations.)

All that said, what a patent gives you is the intellectual rights to YOUR concept for how it can be done. And a complex invention may incorporate hundreds of concepts for getting all its work done (in fact, a lot of patented systems include concepts for which the developer was forced to pay someone else for the privilege of using THEIR patented idea.) All a concept has to have to be patentable is a unique idea or method of solving a problem. The commonality of the problem, or the number of prior patents (called prior art) on the subject don't enter into it, unless there are so many that the whole problem is so well known that it is deemed "in the public domain" in which case NOBODY can get a patent on a solution. And that is arguable, since anything one attorney or group of attorneys (the patent board) can say, another attorney or group of attorneys can appeal. Courts hear these kinds of appeal whenever necessary. But that is part of what makes patents so costly.

In reply to #18

03/22/2010 3:49 PM

Well, there are basically 3 types of artwork that can be patented. And to patent, you have to make a reasonable attempt to verify that an existed patent does not exists. And as you know there are more than one way to skin a cat.

As far as the patent being worthless, if not that, it could get/make you pennyless......take your pick.

Its hard to do this, and if I'm am challenged...which I was....I am actually sugarcoating this. In my earlier post, I am wanted for him to think it over, if he really wants me to solve this...... pro bono. But he has to realize that to solve this problem, it may not be him getting a contract or selling his product.

The attorney is not a consultant, and frankly, he would have save quite a bit of cash if he would have patented himself.

I could have patented a number of ideas and working equipment.

But, I had made/saved more money doing the paperwork for others so they could patent their ideas.

It may sound harsh, and I should show some empathy. But look where it got him so far.

Or I could be like the attorney......and say, Thats a wonderful idea, you could make millions, I would be happy to do the work for you......for a fee. But I am not

But leaving it open, it all depends on how much heart this guy has about his project, and it sounds like he may have alot, there are sharks out there waiting to take advanage here and I feel some already have.

p911

In reply to #21

03/22/2010 5:57 PM

pro bono ... I understand it. I em not asking for free work. I am looking for a Partner. I just need to sell it first before ether one of us get paid. we can come to some kind of a arrangement as to what percentage you will want before you do any thing. and the day it is sold we will both get payed.

What i am asking is that i just need to find the right person that believes in my idea. And is willing to work with me and do it right. Its Not A Race. I sent a long time on this. Years!!! And i think it could take mouths maybe even a year? to get it right.? May Not ? That will be up to you!!! Work on it when you find the time. just don't put it on the back burner and forget about it for to long. THATS ALL!!!!

If this is something that you think you can do?#1 Right a Business Plan #2 Right and apply for the Grants. As many as 4? That will be in the malty Billions Each. That is going to be the real value to this Patent. And get us the Best Price. We wood be giving them the money to buy it in a way !!!

And we need to incorporate as will. ? I wood think? maybe not? Tell me what you have don up until now. What is your back ground in the Railroad industry. And why your the best person to take this on? Mail me a contract to my address and what you think is good percentage for your self. I will not even consider 50/50 I was thinking more like 30/70 TOP'S. even at 30% you wood be looking at Millions. I was told that wood be very generous. If you are the right man for the Job?

If you can Sell me. I am shirr you could sell this patent. Are you Up for it ?

www.patentgenius.com/patent/7571681.html

Regards

CR4 Admin - Home address, phone number, and e-mail address removed

From the Site FAQ: Do not post phone numbers or email addresses. The CR4 Admin will delete all phone numbers posted in threads or comments, and we strongly urge you not to put up email addresses.

In reply to #22

03/24/2010 8:53 AM

You misunderstand, the work I am willing to help you is establish if there is a need for this.

But, first, you want me to convince myself, that this is a viable project that the industry needs. At this point there is nothing you offered to do this.

A patent, pretty drawing, and a write up. I came across this many times with equipment that did not perform., where the companies actually went out of business or was sold because of it. They hire me to solve or develop a large project to secure a contract just so they can sell the company

I gave links to similar equipment on the market. Why another simular piece?

Some very good advice has already been given, Action plan or a business plan should go along with this. I don't believe you even done this, have you.

And the built it, they will come, is not the right attitude here. Don't expect other to take the risk that should be coming from you. Look at this as a business point of view. And work it that way.

p911

In reply to #18

03/23/2010 4:24 PM

So what are you saying Give Up??

Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - Technical Services Manager Canada - Member - Army brat Popular Science - Cosmology - What is Time and what is Energy? Technical Fields - Architecture - Draftsperson Hobbies - RC Aircraft - New Member

In reply to #24

03/23/2010 4:58 PM

Ruston,

I commend you for accomplishing your patent, and the quality of your drawings.

I think you are pissing in the wind expecting partners or money to show up by the types of requests you have made here.

I'm not saying it can't be done. I'm saying you have to do it differently. First off, just ask yourself if you would respond to someone making such 'get rich' claims? You have put a lot of time and effort into your design, so you know it takes work.

You need to present this business idea to people that you know already have the money and the capacity to accomplish what you want. Doing it the way you are is wasting time and energy.

Who do you know who has accomplished what you want to accomplish? Do what they did! Ask for help Only from people who are qualified to give it, and it is best in person so they get a complete context of your situation.

Stephen Covey says "Begin with the end in mind!" so this is very apt to your situation. You need to refine exactly what your expectations are.. not just say 'millions of dollars' and assume that it will happen. The patent is the easy part for your venture... especially if you have competition with already built equipment.

This type of business development typically happens in several independent stages, and at any point in there, you have to be ready to stop, quit and move on, if the product or business model is not going to be successful. You will burn yourself out otherwise. The next step for you is prototyping. (according to most) or actually selling the idea to customers, if you are certain of the product technology is able to be built affordably and still make profit.. (which I doubt you are)

You may have to raise funds to be able to build a prototype.. that is easier than getting funds for the whole show, but it is more of a loan really , as there is not ability for investors to benefit from a prototype. It is for testing only, and design refinement.

After the prototype stage is done. (and you may build more than one), then it is time to approach your customers with the technology. You have the patent, working prototype, and oh ya, you must have a thorough knowledge of the customer's business, plus all the science knowledge that underpins your technology, plus the business and economics knowledge and data to be able to provide comparative analysis versus existing methods, and also a solid breakeven analysis from their point of view.

Once you start with sales, and patent, and a proven prototype, now you have something that you can take to investors to help you manufacture the product. You will have to have very thorough analysis of your business plan and profit margins to assure investors of benefit, plus a cash flow analysis to prove that you can survive. This is a monstrous amount of effort.. not everyone is up to the task.

If you are not up to this, what I think you really need to do is find people in that line of work who might purchase your patent and design from you for a small but fixed fee, and use that money to develop businesses that you can directly afford.

If you have the creativity to develop one product, you have the creativity to develop more. If this one is not the means, but you can make a little bit of money from it, then do that and move on to the next... commit yourself to the process, not any given product (which can realistically fail economically at any time)

so in review;

Seek the advice of those qualified to give it, and who have an interest in your success, and who have done what you wish to do.

Begin with the end in mind.

If you have the creativity to develop one product, you have the creativity to develop more.

Commit to the process, not the product.

Ask yourself if you would buy what you are selling - golden rule analysis.

cheers,

Chris

Don't forget to rate a GA for those posts who help you find the right answers.

Register to Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Power-User

Good Answers: 12
In reply to #25

03/23/2010 5:15 PM

Mr. Haughey,

I agree with Chrisg288, he has given you good advice. I am a patent agent in private practice, and I always tell clients and I have stated on this board that a patent (if needed) is only one small piece of a business. The heavy lifting in commercializing any product is in the development, manufacturing, and marketing of the product - especially the latter two. The only thing that I have to add is that in one of your posts, you state that you are willing to partner with someone for a 30/70 split, 50/50 max. With you getting the 70%, 50% at minimum. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that is very unrealistic. A patent owner who has only a patent, and no product fully developed ready for manufacturing and marketing will rarely get more than a single digit share (i.e. less than 10%) of revenue generated as a royalty, and usually it is in the low single digits. Still, that can be a good deal - as I said, most of the value of the business is in the development, manufacturing, and marketing of the product, not in the patent itself. In any case, congratulations on getting your patent, and I wish you success in commercializing and profiting from your invention.

GA, Chris.

jhammond

www.patent-innovations.com

Associate

In reply to #25

03/23/2010 7:01 PM

Thank You first of all Chris. And Every thing was well under stud. And Yes i em about ready to throw on the towel. But having this one idea is what Kept me a live and going from one day to the next for the last 15 years. Based on having a Memory that doesn't go back any farther then two days ago. Time Fly's Buy for me. I just wish that i wood have talked about this before now to someone that is in the business. To me it looked to be so simple If you had a good idea? Witch i Still Think i Do?

I don't know any body in the Railroad Business. And i wood never ask for money from anybody. Thats why i was thinking about applying for the Grants. But there a gen No Money So i was hopping that if people Sal my idea i might get lucky to find a investor or a partner to get started. You wood think i wood be good at starting over !! But nothing is more scarier every day so you just hang on and stick to what you THINK? you know. Hoping that you will be able to find that one person that do know.

Can you help me? What wood this be worth to you taking this on? You seam to know what your talking about? I Shir as hell don't. Its over my head. HOW ABOUT? 20% for my self ? .) I have to find something i can live off of for the rest of my life?? .)

Rusty

In reply to #27

03/23/2010 7:44 PM

Ruston,

Thank you for the offer. I am unemployed at the moment, and if I did have money, I have more than a few of my own designs that are crying out for development.

The only person I know of in the rail business is a cousin who works for Hatch, back in Oakville as an engineer... I see if I can track him down and see what he recommends.

That being said, nothing ever happens if you give up. Your memory condition is changeable. Thats hard work too, but can be done. Brains cells are being replaced all the time. You have to take 400 IU of vitamin E every day, and do things that you did as a child... crawl, swim, walk, smile, and practice your abc's 123's every day... make lots of pictures in your head.. and anytime someone says you can't, including yourself... prove them wrong.

Your DNA knows everything that ever was... It most certainly knows how to heal and learn... so pray and give thanks.. 10 times a day. with pictures in your head of the future coming true. happy healthy memorable!

Keep a journal. I do.. I recommend the freeware Notecenter for easy computer versions.. allows you to easily organize things. make one note node for every day.. record your thoughts, ideas, plans, money, dreams, etc.

best wishes,

Chris

ps, don't forget to the good answers you are given.

Guru

In reply to #28

03/23/2010 7:51 PM

Really, have you no shame? "ps, don't forget to the good answers you are given."

The cat groveled and begged when he was approaching 200 GA's, but you????

In reply to #29

03/23/2010 7:56 PM

shame... shame.. what is that again... I better google it.

I don't want to be left out..

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #30

03/23/2010 8:09 PM

Oh, THEM!!!! They're hopeless!

In reply to #31

03/23/2010 9:08 PM

Thanks for the encouragement LOL

Good Answers: 118

03/22/2010 1:23 PM

A patent is a good start.

You need a business plan. (google that)

Watch a few episodes of "Dragon's Den" (Youtube that) to see what you have to bring to the table in order to bring your invention to the market place.

Did you want to make it or licence the idea for somebody else to make it?

If you can't afford to buy a factory to make it, and can't afford to market the idea, then why did you bother developing it? (serious question...the answer will guide you in future plans. And don't say "to make money", nobody ever made a penny by developing a product or an idea, they only make money by selling it.)

Good luck. You will need it.

In reply to #17

03/23/2010 11:56 AM

The reason i came up with the idea was to have a service that would make some money to help the handicapped. I wasn't thinking of my self!!

When you think about the amount of wooden Ties that are out there and need to be replaced every few years. Its a Lot!!! I em not looking to become a Billionaire I wood be happy just to be able to make a couple Million for my self. Thats not a Lot of money thees days. And to Donate the rest to the right origination that has a good recored. On helping the Handicapped Like Health South And Doctor Ann Gibbons That helped me. Thats the real Reason. Let them decide on ho needs the help??

I was thinking with a chance to apply for the Grant's? it will help get the money to build the car and to get the company going. along with everything else. And the car will be just the start. Have you read the patent? Do you know what is in this thing? www.patentgenius.com/patent/7571681.html

There is a lot more then just the car. It mentions the idea to recycle the old ties and spikes. that means MORE Jobs!! And there is a new Locking device that will have to be manufactured. More JOBS!!! The Old Spikes can be recycled for the metal that is needed. And the Old Ties can be recycled to make Fireproof Plywood. MORE JOBS. They have Thousands of Old ties just setting in Fields out Wast. just going to wast in the SUN.!!!! Can you tell me why? Why hasn't some one don something with them?

I was in a Bad accident i lost my memory and my ability to remember The only income i have is my Disability Check. And i em open to all possibilities. I em just looking for Help!!! I wood like to find some one that can see what i see. and wants to help?? Its just Not about the Money!!! But you cant do anything with out it!!! That is why i came up with this Idea. TO MAKE MONEY To help the handicapped!!!!

And all this will be working for the future as far as Transportation for the rail. A Cleaner, Cheaper, Safer Transportation. I em just try to find the right person that can take it to the next level. I em only trying to Help!!

I feel that i em just giving it away. AS IT IS. The Country needs a Project and i cant think of a beater one then This. That will benefit everybody more then the rail in so many ways. Its endless!!!! I cant even begin to Imagen the new jobs that wood be started just to support the Rail if it ever comes Back ??? My Patent could be the First Seed. If i could just find someone to plant it!!!

Do you have any ideas ?? Is there a please where it can be posted to where every Railroad person can see it?

Regards

CR4 Admin - Home address and e-mail address removed

In reply to #23

03/24/2010 8:55 AM

The reason i came up with the idea was to have a service that would make some money to help the handicapped. I wasn't thinking of my self!!

Wrong, than take it as charity, do not put biusinesses at risk.

I can't even comment any more, you were given alot of good advice here by others,

I wish you well.

p911

In reply to #17

03/23/2010 9:01 PM

I was hopping to be able to get invalid with the Primix Corp and there new Tie. But they don't have the time to get unvalued with my project to. They have enough on there hands as it is. So i thought i wood look around and see if i could find a nether company that might be able to do something with it?

03/25/2010 8:16 PM

In reply to #36

03/25/2010 8:43 PM

awesome.. a train on top of a train! ga for finding that one!

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #37

03/25/2010 9:00 PM

I should give credit to today's Arizona Republic which had an article about track renovation here in central AZ. USA. using this machine.

Thanks!

In reply to #36

03/26/2010 9:11 AM

great search, I was looking for simuliar........certianly drops the value of the op's idea

In reply to #39

03/26/2010 10:44 PM

"certianly drops the value of the op's idea"

His invention has been accepted. He has a patent. Lighten up.

In reply to #40

03/27/2010 8:45 AM

I'll try not be so critical.

In reply to #41

03/27/2010 9:42 AM

Thanks. It's just that regardless of the ultimate value of the technology, it takes considerable work and $ to get a patent approved. OP is justifiably proud of his accomplishment.

I consider it an honor to be granted a patent. So much so that I bought one of those brass wall plaque reproductions of the front page of my patent (6,235,114) and it hangs on my wall at home.

Cheers.

In reply to #43

03/27/2010 10:26 AM

It is understandable, and thanks

United Kingdom - Member - Not a New Member Hobbies - Musician - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

In reply to #36

03/27/2010 9:26 AM

In reply to #42

03/27/2010 11:10 AM

John Thanks!!! That was the best Thing i have ever seen. I wish i wood have found that be for i ever got unvalued with my Idea. But now that i have the Patent it is hard to walk away Even tho i think every body thinks i don't have a Chance.

What wood you do if you where me? Do you know if there is anything i can do with it? Or do you know of a company that might be interested in anything in my Patent? There might be something in it that some one can use?? I wood be willing to give it to them for a small fee and a Reality Fee?? Of some Kind? I need some ides Hear.

www.patentgenius.com/patent/7571681.html

In reply to #45

03/27/2010 4:07 PM

Your idea could still possibly be turned into a workable machine. It doesn't do as much as these monsters do, but it should be a lot cheaper to produce. If there's a market for a machine that just does the tie replacement job (tho' it may need to be added to to re-pack the substrate - or whatever the gravelly stuff is called!), someone may take it up.

Sorry, but I'm in neither the venture capital nor railway repair businesses.

In reply to #46

03/28/2010 12:03 PM

Thank You for your reply JohnDG Win i started this idea i wasn't thinking that the bed wood come into play that much. I was just thinking about Tie replacement. And that i wanted to get unvalued with the Primix corp. and there new Tie. Witch i think could be one of the best Ties out there. It has past all the Test With High Marks. And it will help clean out the Tier Dumps. They have Patents and orders in ?? over 40 deferent country's

I was there the Day Mr. Fischer got his First Patent here in the U.S. about 15 years ago. And i had bin watching them as much as i can. Hoping that they wood have bin well on there way buy now. But Mr. Fischer has retired and Sonja M Gilman is running things now. I talked to her for the First Time a couple weeks ago. And all she could tell me is that they where in Production. But that was all she wood tell me.

I was HOPING?? that i could become of some assistance to them.? But Sonja Has just to much going on right now and doesn't have the ability take on my project to at this time. so i thought i wood just see if i could find ?? a nether company that might be interested.

But my problem is that i don't have the money to do any thing. I wood need at least ? 30 Gs for a Business Plan And A Grant Righter To go after Malty Billions. This Country needs a Project!!!! Can you think of a better one then to getting the U.S. Rail Back to where it should be?? Every thing is there it Just needs a Little work.? And it wood Add so many new Jobs. That will great even more Jobs.

What wood you do if you where me ??

United States - Member - New Member Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 53

03/30/2010 10:39 AM

This is both the funniest and most tragic thread that I have seen on this forum. Very entertaining indeed.

Register to Reply
Associate

In reply to #48

03/30/2010 11:24 AM

Tell me what you realy Think ??

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Ace Boeringa (1); Anonymous Poster (2); chrisg288 (5); JE in Chicago (1); jhammond (1); JohnDG (3); lyn (8); micahd02 (1); pantaz (1); phoenix911 (11); Ruston Haughey (14); Yusef1 (1)

Previous in Forum: Gassification Technology Supplier   Next in Forum: Adhesive Joints and Nano-Enhanced Glues
You might be interested in: Cable Ties, Framing Anchors, Hangers and Ties, Phone Jacks and Plugs