Sites: GlobalSpec.com | GlobalSpec Electronics | CR4 | Electronics360
Login | Register
The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: Color on Anodizing   Next in Forum: Problems With Low Vacuum in Condenser
Close

Comments Format:

Close

Subscribe to Discussion:

CR4 allows you to "subscribe" to a discussion
so that you can be notified of new comments to
the discussion via email.

Close

Rating Vote:

17 comments
Commentator

Good Answers: 1

Chinese 600 MW Dongfang Steam Turbine

04/30/2010 2:08 AM

Hello,

I am looking for more details related to a Chinese steam turbine - N600-16.7/538/538.

600 MW of efficiency. The OEM is Dongfang. They have the website but with no English version. I am interested in info like how many such turbines have been installed worldwide and maybe some cross section of this turbine. I have sent an email to OEM but if they will respond?

I would appreciate your help

Register to Reply
This discussion was "closed" on 01/23/2012 12:15 PM. No new comments are allowed.
Guru
Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 588

Re: A chinese 600 MW steam turbine

04/30/2010 2:34 AM

If they don't respond, don't buy their machinery.

In reply to #1

04/30/2010 5:33 PM

Tornado,

What's the point of this "answer"? It doesn't come close to providing even a modicum of value. Like one or two others in this forum it seems that you post simply to get your "numbers" up. It's an admirable goal. However, are you really going to feel good about yourself knowing that you've reached your next thousand as a result of useless dribble such as this?

You've posted some great responses in the past. Please don't sully your good reputation (and that of this forum!) by posting such nonsense.

Register to Reply
Guru
Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 588
In reply to #3

05/01/2010 12:14 AM

The point of my answer, admittedly not earth-shaking, is that a sales entity that does not respond to inquiries from potential customers may not be a particularly good source. If I didn't get answers, I wouldn't buy. I still stand by that. Do you really think differently?

In reply to #5

05/01/2010 9:08 AM

I agree with Mr.Tonado as the vendor has to respond to the customers querries, if enquiry had been sent to them.

Register to Reply
Anonymous Poster
In reply to #3

05/02/2010 11:31 PM

The vondor not responding before-sales will respond to after-sales?

Register to Reply
Power-User

Good Answers: 26

04/30/2010 3:16 AM

They certainly do have an English version. There turbines are quite popular in power plants in China.

In reply to #2

Re: A Chinese 600 MW steam turbine

04/30/2010 11:43 PM

Get your own interpreter ( translator)from Chinese to French (or English).

Unfortunately most (if not all) the industrial production moved from Europe and North America to Asia and that is why we have permanent economical trouble.

That is the fault of Western business men whom allowed the technology to move to Asia just for short term profit and they did not give any care for the countries they live in.

"Money love" is the origin of every evil action.

Register to Reply
Commentator

Good Answers: 1
In reply to #2

05/07/2010 10:49 AM

You are right Dongfang has the website as you wrote but please try to get more knowledge strict related to steam turbine. You can read this:

http://www.dongfang.com.cn/html/viewofworks.html

than try go to:

http://www.dfstw.com/

and will understand why I have begun this thread,

Register to Reply
Power-User

Good Answers: 19

Re: Chinese 600 MW Dongfang Steam Turbine

05/01/2010 12:51 AM

There's an English language article about Dongfang Electric in the Online People's Daily with a box for comments and questions at the bottom of the page.

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90778/90861/6907028.html

You might ask them for assistance in contacting someone at Dongfang who can answer your questions, and you might also mention that the "English" link on the Dongfang website is broken. Good luck.

Register to Reply
Guru

05/02/2010 3:15 AM

Subject: Communication and Cooperation
To: duconems@yahoo.com
Received: Thursday, March 11, 2010, 8:43 PM

Dear Mr/Ms Ducon Very nice to contact you , gentleman. We are Western Power (China) , one of the best boiler manufacturers in China .
If you have any project about boiler , we faithfully hope that you can quote us also , give us a chance . Maybe we will not meet each other at the fist or second project , but we strongly believe that we will meet at some .
We do not know whether we are the most competitive one in one project (we eager to know,to compete), but we try to make ourselves the most honest one . Warmly welcome you to visit our factory at any time , it will be a worthy journey that you won't be disappointed . Best regards Jack Sale Engineer Western Power (China) (Former Dongfang Boiler Industry) 008615983179334 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 008615983179334 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
http://english.westernpower.cn/
Try contacting them but i was too dissapointed when I sent them an inquiry for a 197 Tph Boiler at 32 bar with a 6.0 MW Steam Turbine (155 Tph to Process). He wasted a good 2 weeks on questions (non engineering-like) and later turned back to say you first visit Plant and then we will work out on your requirement. I doubt if they are really ex-Dongfang or somebody sitting with a Computer in his house only.

Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member

In reply to #8

05/02/2010 9:04 PM

For such a large requirement the seller should respond enthusiastically.Else how to handle after sales.

05/06/2010 6:59 AM
Registered Name:Kai Wu
Job Title:manager
Company Name:

DBG International

Business Type:Manufacturer
Products/Services:Vsat Antenna, Electric Tools, Metals And Minerals, Boiler
Tel:86-28-85586440

In continuation to # 8 , pasted above is claim as "Dongfeng Boiler Group International"

notice no web? Products/Services - Antenna, Electric Tools, Metals, Minerals !!!!

Do they go with Power Boilers & Steam Turbines ??? maybe. Antenna to operate from the satellite sitting on moon. electric Tools to connect antenna with boiler. Metals are whats the boiler made of (me dumb did not know) and minerals are ofcourse, for water softening (anybody knows except me)

Call him n try your luck. on www.alibaba.com he is listed with a HUGE Power Boiler Photo.

In reply to #11

05/06/2010 9:45 AM

And that reminds me, may be it has taken the ide from one of the leading, and respected business houses over here

"We also make steel"

Register to Reply Off Topic (Score 5)
Commentator
India - Member - Mechanical Engineer Engineering Fields - Petroleum Engineering - Mechanical Engineer

Good Answers: 2

05/25/2010 10:44 AM

v have a 600MW project being installed in Chennai (India) by DEC. the entire BTG package is by them. as such the plant is yet to be commissioned but there are various problems from DEC as in co-ordination is very poor, the dwgs n docs which they send related to the BTG is entirely in chinese n asking them to send an english version of the text is al the more bad. they take hell lot of time to do that. so jus in case u wanna fix a deal wit them kind advise be careful.

In reply to #14

05/25/2010 12:51 PM

Hire a Chinese interpretator. we do that in pakistan. His salary pays off. Look around for one who is also an engineer.

05/30/2010 2:05 AM

Hi!

i would like to answer specific doubts. please post.

i have good experience with these 600 MW chinese turbines.

Anonymous Poster #1

01/20/2012 4:33 AM

CR4 ADMIN: Deleted Post

Spam: This post was deleted because it contained advertising outside the Commercial Space forum. Please review Section 14 of the CR4 Site FAQ about advertising.

Register to Reply Off Topic (Score 5)
Register to Reply 17 comments
This discussion was "closed" on 01/23/2012 12:15 PM. No new comments are allowed.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (5); bubbapebi (1); ducon (3); Jans (1); Kaisan (1); pokalasrao (1); squpek (1); Tornado (2); varunpassi (1); Yogesh Powerz (1)

Previous in Forum: Color on Anodizing   Next in Forum: Problems With Low Vacuum in Condenser
You might be interested in: Steam and Gas Turbines, Turbine Repair and Maintenance Services, Turbine Pumps