CR4 - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: Bursting Plastic Tubing   Next in Forum: Recip Compressor Shutting Down Loaded
Close

Comments Format:

Close

Subscribe to Discussion:

CR4 allows you to "subscribe" to a discussion
so that you can be notified of new comments to
the discussion via email.

Close

Rating Vote:

4 comments
Anonymous Poster

Bladeless (Coanda) Fan

08/26/2010 4:28 PM

Has anyone out there a picture or newspaper cutting of the Bladeless fan that was a market failure back in the seventies?

I appear to have weeded out my references, notes and drawings , although it may turn up.

The latest version is being touted in an exhibition of British innovation which appears odd considering the provenance of the latest inventors.

I realise that the subject has been discussed here before but I think no-one was able to cite the Company or country that produced it.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Good Answers: 148

Re: Bladeless (Coanda) Fan

08/26/2010 7:30 PM

Sounds like a job for peterg7lyq

Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 615

08/26/2010 11:54 PM

Try searching "bladeless fan" and "coanda fan"; one of the various pictures might resemble what you are remembering.

08/31/2010 8:17 AM

Thank you for your help chaps.

I found the Japanese version (1980) and it appears the Dyson submission is indeed for an improved version of the basic concept.

Comments suggested that the Japanese version was never produced, but I do recall seeing a photo of a fan circa late 70's which showed a circular outlet covered with what I assume was a deflector screen, and the blurb indicated that it was utilising the Coanda effect . It could have been a mock up, of course.

These can be described as back end airmovers which induce air to come out of the core, whereas front end airmovers take the induced and primary air through the body.

Reply to Forum Thread 4 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (2); Tobugrynbak (1); Tornado (1)

Previous in Forum: Bursting Plastic Tubing   Next in Forum: Recip Compressor Shutting Down Loaded

Advertisement