CR4 - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion ®
Login | Register for Engineering Community (CR4)

Previous in Forum: EN8   Next in Forum: LPG Pipe line - Ice Formation
Close
Close
Close
2 comments
Participant

FUEL GAS CONSUMPTION FOR GAS TURBINE

10/13/2010 2:38 AM

Hi friends ..

We are in process of a combined cycle power plant. please help me thru fuel gas consumption calculations for a 10MW Gas Turbine..

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Anonymous Poster

Re: FUEL GAS CONSUMPTION FOR GAS TURBINE

10/13/2010 8:30 AM

Banu.......

Your fuel gas consumption information should be available in your specific gas turbine "Installation and Operating Manual"

For a small combined cycle plant, your fuel consumption will be about 7500-8500 BTU/kW generated. (You will have to calculate this based on the equipment that you select)

10 MWe is a very, very small plant..... which gas/steam turbine models are you trying to use ?

Wouldn't a diesel/IC engine plant configuration be much more appropriate in this size range ?

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 19

Re: FUEL GAS CONSUMPTION FOR GAS TURBINE

10/13/2010 11:42 PM

About 290 m3/hr to 300 m3/hr natural gas 8500 kcal heating value per MW = 3000 m3/hr per 10 MW. Approximately 4 Tph steam/MW (depending on the design) via Waste Heat Boiler = 40 Tph steam at 10 bar . Est 85 m3/hr gas saving/Ton steam generated = 3400 m3/hr gas saved x Rate/m3/hr gas = Est. Total saving.

Best answer I can give on a 1.5 line question that involves over US$ 5.0 million of a 1o MW Project of Combined Cycle. However, this will not be within your technicalities to handle and requires a Consultant.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: EN8   Next in Forum: LPG Pipe line - Ice Formation

Engineering Newsletter Signup
Get the Engineering360
Stay up to date on:
Products and materials used in mechanical assembly, and non-destructive test procedures to detect problems.

Advertisement