the discussion via email.

Close

Rating Vote:

9 comments
Anonymous Poster

What Software Use to Create

10/15/2010 11:27 PM

hi, all

i am new in programming and want to learn, what software they use to create program or to create application or to develop application.

please advise

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".
Guru
CR4 Admins - CR4 Admin - CR4 Admin Hobbies - Musician - Guitar and Smooth Bass

Good Answers: 23

Re: What Software Use to Create

10/15/2010 11:33 PM

If you want to learn how to program, you must first learn a program "language." A basic and semi-easy one to start with is basic C or C++ programming. There are a ton of different languages that are used, and to be a successful programmer, you need to keep up on them (or so I hear).

Here's a neat little website to help you get started:

http://www.cprogramming.com/begin.html

The first program most people start out with is creating a program that will create an output of "Hello World" when given a command.

Of course, if you know a particular language already (Python, C sharp, etc.) please specify and I can help you further~

Good Answers: 12

10/17/2010 12:01 AM

A computer program is set of instructions which will be processed by the computer to perform tasks. Development of Algorithm and interaction with the end user to develop software are very important steps. There are many high level computer languages . Few of them are C,C++,Fortran, etc. You need to understand what you want to do before you develop any program.

Guru

Good Answers: 31

10/17/2010 8:45 AM

Everyone else will try to mislead you but using my program - jazlarski - makes it all super simple and fast.

For an investment of only a few thousand dollars you will be able to work many times faster than your competitors.

Even if you have no idea of what you want to develop it works or what your product should do! Just type in 'new program' and it spits out marketable product!

Full money back guarantee in the event you should be able to find me.

All programs developed utilizing my starter kit remain the product of the jazlarski group and royalties are to be PAİD. Royalties will be slightly more than you can sell the output for but not to let that bother you.

For only a few extra dollars you can have a franchise and market this wonderful tool yourself.

Reply Score 1 for Off Topic
Power-User

Good Answers: 4

10/17/2010 2:30 PM

I cut my teeth on BBC BASIC in the 80s its now available as BBC BASIC for Windows at

http://www.compulink.co.uk/~rrussell/bbcwin/bbcwin.html

It now includes some quite advanced features and if your program is under 8k, which for a beginner it will be, then its free in the demo version. It can be compiled to standalone applications when registered for about £30. I moved on to Visual Basic which is more complex to use and more expensive. As a beginner trying out programming for the first time I would try BBC BASIC first, there are lots of coded examples, help files and demos free.

Good Answers: 36

10/17/2010 3:36 PM

Sorry but you are not NEW in Programming! You have not even started it seems!

Therefore, You "Want To Learn Programing " will be a better question here.

For that you must start by taking a beginner's course in programing. You can buy a book or attend a class somewhere near you (There must be one !).

There are many different platforms and programing languages and the simplest one is Basic in different editions. You can have advice from wherever institution you might attend or from a programing friend who has some experience and might know what is your final target application etc.

Good Answers: 1

10/17/2010 6:11 PM

I program most often with Visual Basic 6. I was fortunate to have this program bought for me. If you are looking to learn from scratch with something that will continue to expand, go look up QT Creator. QT Creator is C++ based and is maintained by Nokia. There is both a free license and a commercial license. I personally am using this because it will allow you to create programs that will work on any operating system. The biggest difference is how the code is protected after it has been "compiled" or turned into an "executable". From there, it is only a matter of buying a couple of books and spending time reading. I also found many videos on y*utube, but once I went beyond these, I purchased a few books from Ama*on. Hope this helps. Just so you know, it is a tradition, that your first program be "Hello World", as mentioned in one of the previous posts. Happy programming, best of luck to you.

Guru

Good Answers: 13

10/18/2010 10:18 AM

C and C++ are NOT basic starter languages. I use them a lot, but it takes YEARS to master either, months for an educated programmer to start using them well.

Try HTML first, then JavaScript. Then Visual Basic or any other scripting type language. THEN download Visual Studio Express (or the jdk for Java) and dive into a "real" language.

You can write html and JavaScript with any text editor, and load and "run" it in any browser. Start with that approach, then as you get tired of a basic editor, look for one designed for programming html/js. When you learn to do some cool stuff in JavaScript, you'll be ready for a more serious environment.

Do a "View Source" on the page you're reading right now. You're looking at HTML. Stare at it for a while and try to make sense of it. Save a copy of the page and change it in notepad. Re-load it in the browser and see what happens. Chances are, you won't break anything badly with such experiments.

The suggestion to buy a book on beginning programming is a good one, but there are many web sites out there that will teach you most of what you need to know. You just need to learn what to search for, and that's part of the learning process.

Look for "writing html" or "html programming." (Stay away from html5 for now. It's too new to be widely supported, and most of the material will be about its advanced features which you don't want right now. Stick with version 4 or older.) Then look for "programming in javascript" or "basic javascript" or "beginner javascript."

Good luck. Remember KISS and that there's no such thing as a perfect (or complete) program.

Associate

Good Answers: 5

10/18/2010 12:18 PM

Your two key words, "they" and "software," are unfortunately so broad that no response could adequately your question.

Let's ignore vital information such as "Software to do what?" and "Were you thinking desktop? Mobile?"

I think you have two choices.

Other than pack it in, because either choice will demand much from you.

The first is called "activity" and the second is called "accomplishment."

In a way, which path you pick doesn't matter much because they overlap.

Many of the response to date steer you toward activity. I think this is wise. You need to know a lot about a lot -- and never stop learning -- if you want to program well. You are so far down the learning curve that you can benefit from most anything.

Take a class if you can. Start with any freeware BASIC program if you can't. Do not, not, not start with a language that has "C" as part of the name. Do not start with a BASIC language that has the word "Visual" in it. Do not pass Go. Oops. Sorry.

You other option is "accomplishment," also called "Begin with the end in mind." If you already know that you want to write a game, or a social network app, or whatever, then focus on that one aspect of programming as best you can. You'll end up learning all the same stuff anyway, but at least you're not spending your time getting ready to do something. You are instead doing it.

Hang in there. Pay your dues. I started programming 40 years ago. Tennis, Carnegie Hall, programming, it's all the same: hanging in there and paying your dues works very, very well.

10/25/2010 4:41 PM

I would study Latin. Programs written in this language are guaranteed to be stable for a long time.

Reply Off Topic (Score 5)
Reply to Forum Thread 9 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (1); d_entrepreneur (1); jackeroo_31 (1); LAA_Lucke (1); Lynn.Wallace (1); Mizuti (1); mrswamy (1); Pj3ns3n (1); russ123 (1)

Previous in Forum: Web Site   Next in Forum: Autocad

Advertisement