Subscribe to Discussion:

CR4 allows you to "subscribe" to a discussion
so that you can be notified of new comments to
the discussion via email.

Close

Rating Vote:

10 comments
Guru
Safety - Hazmat - New Member Safety - ESD - New Member Engineering Fields - Transportation Engineering - New Member Popular Science - Evolution - New Member Technical Fields - Procurement - New Member Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Popular Science - Cosmology - New Member Engineering Fields - Architectural Engineering - New Member Technical Fields - Marketing/Advertising - New Member Engineering Fields - Food Process Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 127

The Next Generation of Wiki Leaks

02/16/2011 5:45 PM

I saw an article in technology review discussing some of the new sites springing up to help bring information to light, including Al Jazzera.

One thing that was mentioned is that wiki leaks has trouble going through all the cables [numbering in the 100's of thousands] to figure out what might be of interest.

Why is every utterance from an embassy classified?

There should be more disclosure of government operations.

National security should not be used to protect officials [both elected & appointed] from scrutiny.

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru
Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 565

Re: The Next Generation of Wiki Leaks

02/16/2011 5:57 PM

Although there are some genuine needs (usually temporary) for secrecy, I would guess that 95% of classification is only cover-your-ass maneuvering to keep blunders and criminal activity hidden under a rock. (God knows what comes out when the rock gets turned over.)

Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member United Kingdom - Member - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 137

02/16/2011 6:01 PM

Would you trust Al jazzera, I don't

Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member

In reply to #2

02/16/2011 6:11 PM

I wouldn't necessarily trust Al Jazeera any more than Fox News, but I would at least listen to it.

Leftwing dumb***** + rightwing dumb***** = balanced teeter-totter.

In reply to #3

02/16/2011 6:47 PM

Maybe balanced over the long term, but wildly oscillating in the short term.

ξ

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #3

02/16/2011 7:30 PM

Oh, damn, someone figured out my secret code.

Safety - Hazmat - New Member Safety - ESD - New Member Engineering Fields - Transportation Engineering - New Member Popular Science - Evolution - New Member Technical Fields - Procurement - New Member Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Popular Science - Cosmology - New Member Engineering Fields - Architectural Engineering - New Member Technical Fields - Marketing/Advertising - New Member Engineering Fields - Food Process Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 127
In reply to #2

02/16/2011 7:26 PM

I don't really have an opinion one way or the other about Al Jazzera

Is there a reason for your negative review?

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 104

02/17/2011 8:28 AM

If you classify everything, you don't have to take the time to sort out what should and what should not be classified. This decision making would, of necessity, be performed by someone high up, someone who has more pressing things to do.

Good Answers: 15

02/17/2011 11:28 PM

There is independent data , all over the internet--The problem is, as it was explained to me, many years ago, is:: All the truth is out there--Unfortunately, it is obscured by deliberate attempts to throw people off of the real truths, i.e.--Watergate, Iran -Contra, Clinton/ Mena, Iran, Iraq, Nicaragua, Cambodia, Russia, Africa, the UN, tons of technology (Global warming, Ice ages etc.), UFO's, ...It goes on and on--You must really dig deep, then start finding the sites and sources that you trust, that do not have a bone in the yard--Then backtest and compare your "data" , or "their Data" or whatever--I do not know anyone that does not have an OPINION, including me, and I do know that, even, I, respond to things , based on MY Opinion, so therefore, it is biased to that degree--- Good luck!!! Diogenes would be proud of you...

Register to Reply
Associate

Good Answers: 3

02/18/2011 8:52 AM

It makes minor bureaucrats feel important.

Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member

02/19/2011 11:05 PM

wow..aljazzera...more complecated

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (1); C-Mac (1); Garthh (1); kromburner (1); loadshare (1); passingtongreen (1); TonyS (1); Tornado (3)

Previous in Forum: St. Elmo's Fire   Next in Forum: Mobile Chargers
You might be interested in: Patch Cables and Cords, Computer Cables, Coaxial Cables and Triaxial Cables