CR4 - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: Ramp Up Model   Next in Forum: Polyethylene Pellets Upgrading
Close

Comments Format:

Close

Subscribe to Discussion:

CR4 allows you to "subscribe" to a discussion
so that you can be notified of new comments to
the discussion via email.

Close

Rating Vote:

10 comments
Participant

Cheaper PCBs

03/04/2011 2:57 AM

Im a student and Im looking to buy cheaper PCBs can anyone point me in the right direction ,where are you getting yours from or are you making them by hand

Register to Reply
Pathfinder Tags: cheaper PCBs student
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Anonymous Poster #1

Re: Cheaper PCBs

03/04/2011 6:56 AM

Polychlorinated biphenyls are no longer produced in the USA.

Register to Reply Score 1 for Off Topic
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Not a New Member Hobbies - Musician - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Good Answers: 367

03/04/2011 7:27 AM

Are you talking about bare boards (to your own design), assembled products or what?

Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Hmmm...

Good Answers: 16

03/04/2011 7:34 AM

Search the web. There are places that will etch 2-layer boards without a solder mask for under $100. I just got a quote from one that will do a 5"x5" board for under $75. There are those that will etch 2-layer boards with solder mask for just over $100 and 4-layer boards for under $200.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 35
In reply to #3

03/04/2011 8:53 AM

And, if it is one-off (as the British would say), there are ways to make your own, some of them rather ingenious (imho). Google is youir friend.

Register to Reply
Guru
India - Member - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 50

03/04/2011 9:30 AM

Not very clear about your objectives, But normally students require few PCs of this kind of things, So I am not sure how much will you save if you get some ceaper source that is beyond the limits of you city or country, If you need them at least in thousands probably you will save some, Can you tell us more?

Hobbies - Musician - Engineering Fields - Chemical Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Instrumentation Engineering - New Member

Location: Kennewick, WA, USA, Thulcandra - The Silent Planet (C.S. Lewis)
Good Answers: 101

03/04/2011 10:38 AM

Hi J Smithson,

I have used ExpressPCB (disclaimer). You download the Schematic and PCB design software from the site for free. Once you have designed your board, you upload it and order from a variety of different options, the cheapest of which (last time I checked) was about $60 for three 2.5" x 3.8" non-solder-masked boards.

Mike

Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member

03/07/2011 12:02 AM

If you wanna cheaper you must buy alot...!

Good Answers: 5
In reply to #7

03/07/2011 12:11 AM

Is there any law controlling import/manufacture/sale of engineering goods regarding quality control and warranty?. Can anybody make anything and sell without warranty?.

Anonymous Poster #2
In reply to #8

03/14/2011 3:45 PM

You have already bought tonns of software. No warranty whatsoever beyond media it's written on (lol)

Register to Reply
Participant

03/11/2011 3:31 AM

Thanks for the reply guys, I took a look around, the problem is I cant really buy in bulk because its expensive :)

I found this site that caters for students www.jackaltac.com , they the cheapest Iv found so far that are actually legitemate, let me know if you know of anyone cheaper

Thanks Again

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 10 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (2); J Smithson (1); JohnDG (1); Lo_Volt (1); loadshare (1); Mikerho (1); pnaban (1); rakesh_semwal (1); rhkramer (1)

Previous in Forum: Ramp Up Model   Next in Forum: Polyethylene Pellets Upgrading

Advertisement