CR4 - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: What are Biopost Fertilizers?   Next in Forum: Infrasonic Horns / Whistle Can Be Manufactured?
Close

Comments Format:

Close

Subscribe to Discussion:

CR4 allows you to "subscribe" to a discussion
so that you can be notified of new comments to
the discussion via email.

Close

Rating Vote:

4 comments
Participant

Dc Motor

06/21/2011 1:29 PM

I have a Cd Motor Which produce 46 Dcvolt, But I am in need of 12 Volt to charge my batteries. Which component I must use to reduice The 46Dcv to 12 Volts

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Hobbies - Fishing - New Member Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member

Good Answers: 107

Re: Dc Motor

06/21/2011 2:59 PM

Put 3.83 batteries in series and charge them.

Otherwise use a voltage regulator. You will have to design your own circuit for this, or if you don't have the expertise, hire someone. The parts are few and can be purchased for about $10.00 USD.

Good Answers: 15

06/23/2011 7:53 AM

cancel

Good Answers: 15

06/23/2011 8:59 AM

Simplest and cheapest way: use one or two 12 V 20W halogen bulb , connect them in series with the battery, connect to the DC motor. Monitor the charging current, vary the number of halogen bulbs in series to get the right current.

You get charging and light at same time.

Good Answers: 4

10/31/2011 8:07 PM

Hi One & All,

Normally a DC motor used as a generator will not have a regulator in it.

The Voltage is determent by the speed of the shaft. So, about one fourth the shaft speed will give you about the output voltage you need. Other facts that you need to know: DO NOT go over the Max. rated current of the motor/generator; -- a friend of mine, used the Max. Watts and end up copper flowing out of his generator!!! Look up the manufactures SPIC sheet on the motor and if you are run near Max. current keep and eye on the temperature, for there are usually several different Max. temperature SPIC!

If the batteries are Lead Acid your max charging current is about one tenth the Max Amps/Per/Hour rating but it is always best to get the manufactures SPIC sheet. Even when you get the batteries to stop taking current, the manufacture may have you keep the batteries on a low charging current for several hours to get the max charge into the batteries.

Lot of thing look like they simple straight forward projects but when get down to the "NUTS & BOLTS" there are a lot of little that can "BIT YOUR ASS".

Have fun and be safe!

Have a nice day and let us know what happens.

BEN

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 4 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

ben1son1 (1); bravo88 (2); WJMFIRE (1)

Previous in Forum: What are Biopost Fertilizers?   Next in Forum: Infrasonic Horns / Whistle Can Be Manufactured?

Advertisement