so that you can be notified of new comments to
the discussion via email.

Close

Rating Vote:

17 comments
Anonymous Poster #1

Censorship

11/08/2011 9:28 AM

Recently I posted a description of a flexible duct sock and several companies that we had experiences with that performed well and did not. This blog removed the thread because they called it spam.

I did not realize that only good reviews of companies could be discussed in this forum. The accounts of what happened were true and exactly the circumstances that occurred. Your censorship of this issue is alarming and unconstitutional.

When this forum does not like something they remove it. I would not seek advice or data from CR4 because the administration may have an agenda other than to keep its readers informed. If I were searching for a flexible duct sock I would NEED to know what other people have come across so I can be an educated consumer. This blog prevents the spread of knowledge they do not like. It is biased.

No doubt they will censor this thread as well.

User-tagged by 1 user
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member, but planning to be an Old Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - 56 Year Member

Good Answers: 224

Re: censorship

11/08/2011 9:32 AM

Your comment would have more gas if not posted anonymously.

Your thread was sour grapes, intended to result in a detrimental outcome for the target.

United States - Member - Lifelong New Yorker Popular Science - Biology - Animal Science Technical Fields - Technical Writing - Technical Writer CR4 Admins - CR4 Admin - CR4 Admin

Good Answers: 37

11/08/2011 9:42 AM

You're new the forum - welcome. You may want to read some of the threads and check out our forum rules and FAQ to get a sense of what the site is all about before posting.

The thread you mentioned was probably removed because it looked like spam. CR4 does not have an "agenda". It's a place for discussion among members.

When you post anonymously two things happen:

• You look like a spammer
  • Other users probably won't respect you because it looks like you have something to hide
Guru
United States - Member - Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Electrical Construction

Good Answers: 58

11/08/2011 9:50 AM

The style of writing of your post came across (at least to me) as spam as in advertizing your product.

Take Doorman's advice and register rather than posting as "Anonymous Poster".

Review, understand, and adhere to the CR4 rules and you will be more than welcome here.

Contrary to your perception of censorship, bias, or agendas, CR4 is a wealth of experience, education, and the pursuit of continued learning.

EDIT: SavvyExacta summed it up perfectly.

Anonymous Poster #1
In reply to #3

11/08/2011 10:42 AM

I mentioned a reliable company that I have no affiliation with and an irresponsible company that I have no affiliation with other than to build our company several duct socks.

Is this not a forum to help readers make informed decisions about projects. They can use the data I post or not. IT IS FOR THEM TO DECIDE NOT YOU.

If I were purchasing a duct sock this data would be valuable, had I known it before my purchase.

I am a businessperson who has been in business for nearly 30 years with over 40 employees. I read threads to help me move forward when making decisions on projects I am undertaking so I have knowledge about the subject, VENDORS, materials, designs and so forth.

I rely on consumer reports for this reason.

Those who censored the thread should know that the readers here are intelligent enough to make their own decisions about content. They don't need you censoring the data they read or deciding if its spam without checking into the facts with investigative reporting. Doorman, Lyn and others just shot from the hip. They have not investigated the situation by calling the companies involved and getting their side of the story. THEY JUST CENSORED THE CONTENT. PERIOD.

I am sorry to those who may need the information I posted to help them make more educated decisions. I will post the data on other blogs. I suggest before undertaking a project concerning duct socks you locate my thread so you can avoid the problems I have had and learn from my mistakes.

For those of you who censored this thread I hope you need the data I posted someday and are without it.

Ps doorman threatened me with smearing my name on the net' so I thought it best to post anonymously. Another tactic used in censorship.

Reply Score 2 for Off Topic
Guru
Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 154
In reply to #4

11/08/2011 11:41 AM

IT IS FOR THEM TO DECIDE NOT YOU.

I'll pass on the cool-aid. because I don't really know whats in it.

Thank you

United States - Member - Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Electrical Construction

In reply to #4

11/08/2011 11:44 AM

First and foremost I DID NOT DELETE YOUR POST.

Second - I stand by MY opinion that your post was SPAM

Third - Go back and read the posts above SLOWLY.

Fourth - You will find in life that all of the people will not understand nor agree with you all of the time...get over it buttercup.

You may also want to consider cutting back on your daily caffeine intake.

Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

In reply to #6

11/08/2011 11:46 AM

settle down.......here, have some kool-aid.

In reply to #7

11/08/2011 11:54 AM

Tanks

Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member, but planning to be an Old Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - 56 Year Member

In reply to #4

11/08/2011 11:58 AM

Please...

You have an inflated opinion of the value of an unsolicited negative testamonial.... posted by an anonymous individual coward.

In reply to #9

11/08/2011 12:01 PM

here, have some kool-aid......it's grape

In reply to #10

11/08/2011 1:05 PM

Tanks...

Kinda sour. Did our OP make this?

"For those of you who censored this thread I hope you need the data I posted someday and are without it." What a cruel thing to hope for.

In reply to #11

11/08/2011 1:08 PM

sure you can have more....

I have to invite some of our guests with perpetual motion ideas here

HEY AGNUS, More COOL-AID

Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Good Answers: 446

Re: Censorship

11/08/2011 3:19 PM

Every morning, (US Eastern Time), the front page is loaded up with spam garbage that has to be waded through and deleted by admin.

If you're new here, and you posted your original thread anonymously, I'm sure it looked like spam. Some of the spammers are pretty sneaky about how they get their stuff posted.

Look at it this way. Even if it was left up, since nobody knows who you are, (on here), the members would have probably torn you to shreds. They probably did you a favor by removing it.

Spam or not, it takes a little while for anybody around here to care about what your opinion is, on anything..........................especially an unsolicited opinion, i.e.- a thread started about the performance of certain companies, as opposed to an answer to an existing thread that was looking for that information.

Hang around and post as yourself. It a good place to both gather, and share information.

Good Answers: 20

11/09/2011 12:39 PM

Private entities can't do censorship, that is a monopoly held by governments.

Reply Score 1 for Off Topic
Guru
Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Good Answers: 446
In reply to #14

11/09/2011 6:17 PM

I'm afraid you're wrong on that one.

Try to push the envelope too far.........................the good folks at CR4 are quite capable of censoring any one of us. Or all of us.

It got downright crazy around here back when they allowed nonregistered guests to post.

Good Answers: 20
In reply to #15

11/10/2011 10:12 AM

No sir: There is no Freedom of Speech between private entities. Your local mall is an example, even airports are able to circumvent this. CR4 or any other private entity can restrict anything, anytime they want. The problem(s) result when a government tries to set community (standards). The FCC for example has required broadcasters to ban certain words, nudity and sex. Toilets have only recently been shown on TV. While some people may have been offended by Ms Jackson's "wardrobe failure" several years ago. A similar incident by say, Wolf Blitzer or Michael Moore, would probably incite world wide riots, demanding the FCC to install safeguards to prevent similar acts for all time.

I think one of founders of this site, whom no longer posts, stated on his blogs, that he was a "tough moderator and blocked all comments that were not germane to the topic." This is not an exact quote.

Seriously though, which is kinder? being blocked by a moderator or suffering the indignities visited on the unwary by the Wrath of Lyn.

I look forward to your response

Reply Score 2 for Off Topic
Guru

In reply to #16

11/10/2011 10:23 AM

What in the hell are you talking about?

Rubbish. Gibberish. Utter and complete nonsense.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (1); Doorman (4); JWthetech (2); KJK/USA (3); kramarat (2); phoenix911 (4); SavvyExacta (1)

Previous in Forum: Subscribe???   Next in Forum: Noise Suppression

Advertisement