CR4 - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: Software Creates Global Warehouse   Next in Forum: Where Can I Find a REAL Free Registry Cleaner for My PC?
Close

Comments Format:

Close

Subscribe to Discussion:

CR4 allows you to "subscribe" to a discussion
so that you can be notified of new comments to
the discussion via email.

Close

Rating Vote:

20 comments
Guru
Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member China - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 14

Cannt post thread, whats wrong with the laptop?

04/28/2007 1:38 AM

When click reply button, the words of " loading editor contents..." will appear in the block.

after type words, click preview the forum thread button there will be empty in the block. somtimes prompt, cannt be empty!

no virum in the win2000p system.

what happened? how to check?

Also posted in: CR4 Feedback
Register to Reply
Pathfinder Tags: computer
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member China - Member - New Member

Re: Cannt post thread, whats wrong with the laptop?

04/28/2007 2:11 AM

cannt be empty.

Register to Reply
The Architect
Engineering Fields - Software Engineering - S/W Architect Popular Science - Evolution - Fascinating! Fans of Old Computers - TRS-80 - A fine computer United States - US - Statue of Liberty - NY

Good Answers: 5
In reply to #1

04/30/2007 8:57 AM

Hi

The suggestion to try Firefox is a good one... if there is a problem on your computer that is affecting IE then it may not affect Firefox (and the otherway around, for those of you who encounter problems with Firefox).

Let me know how that works. You can contact me via the cr4admin@globalspec.com email address too.

Thanks
- Mark

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #8

05/06/2007 9:32 PM

I hope they can reply here instead of I sending them privately massage, so that many people who has such problem will know its soluton and take advantage of it.

Register to Reply
Guru
Norway - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 96

04/28/2007 2:52 AM

Do I understand the sequence correctly ;

1 click reply

2 see 'loading editor' message

3 enter comments

4 click preview message

5 message disappears from editor box

6 return to thread and no message has appeared there either

?

I'm not sure of the explanation , but occasionaly my computer locks up at the editor and strange things have happened. There are instructions somewhere for how to mail admin about this (but they may be off because of weekend) . Hopefully somebody will see this and know the answer .

Good luck ,Kris.

04/28/2007 4:18 AM

quite right, thank you kris,

its problem on the computer, do nothing with the administor.

I see now the block is called as editor box.

the editor box has words : loading editor contents....

when I input comment. and click preview comment, I ws told sometimes, its empty...

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #3

04/28/2007 6:04 AM

You are probably right cnpower. I use ie7 , which was full of flaws when I first used it , but is fine now. I have Mozilla Firefox as well for standby - It's supposed to be better security as well + it's free (it may work better for you. I've never bothered with a laptop so I don't know much about them. Kris

ps - out of interest , which type of language in Chinese do you normally speak ? Cantonese , Mandarin etc . I have no idea . The UK government is keen for School children here to learn Mandarin , so it is of some interest . Europeans will have to be more open to learning languages such as Chinese in the future. Luckily for me English is widely used in all Europe , which is good because I am useless at learning new languages.

In reply to #5

05/05/2007 2:46 AM

Hi,Kris,

good day!

There are main 3 languages in China, I speak mandarin, we say it as ordinary standard language. one is Cantone language, include Kejia language, which is speaking by Cantonese( Guangdong) , Hongkong. one is Minnan Language speaked by Fujianese and taiwanese,

there are also many minority languges, like Xinjiang(Singkiang), Xizang( Tibet), Miao, Man, Mongolia, etc, about 30 kinds of languages,

Register to Reply
Guru

04/28/2007 4:28 AM

sometimes it can return a reply, sometimes cannt.

Im afraid this laptop lost some files. but I cannt find what they are?

ie6.0 browser

Register to Reply
Anonymous Poster

Re: Cannot post thread, whats wrong with the laptop?

04/28/2007 8:49 PM

I think MS have deliberately made all things 2000 and XP flaky so Vista looks good.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #6

Re: Cannot post thread, whats wrong with the laptop?

04/29/2007 2:00 AM

It'll be a cold day in hell before I get Vista !

05/05/2007 2:51 AM

None out there can put any proposition out about the topic?

it may someting wrong with the jave files. I doubt

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #10

05/05/2007 3:23 AM

Hi cnpower - it's good to see you back !

I thought maybe your laptop was giving you major problems , but I see you have another computer to use . I think the only way to find out the problem with the laptop is to ask mgaulin above (he will probably know better than most). Good luck , new laptops are not cheap.

Thanks for the language information , I like to know these things. You never can tell when information will be helpful - If I am ever asked what language is spoken in China I can now give a better answer.

Kris

In reply to #11

05/05/2007 7:04 AM

Good evening.

you are right, this is a desktop computer, I updated it last year. fast speed. the laptop was bought three years ago, by the time the price is about 600 pounds. not name brand, it ws produced by our domestic manufacutrer.

I hope get help from them, but they are not ocurring. they know the procedure of loading this editor

Register to Reply
Guru

05/06/2007 4:33 AM

I hope administrator could help.

I hope he tell me the procedure of the loading editor contents, what are they calling?

and what file using at the time. so taht I can check what file I lost.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #13

05/06/2007 8:11 AM

Just testing things - ignore this post

In reply to #13

05/06/2007 8:20 AM

Hi cnpower.

In your picture in the first post I can see the comment "You are already subscribed to ..." - I am not sure if this usually appears when I post comments.

In the past I have lost information when I am typing into the editor box . Usually this is my own mistake of clicking the wrong box , but it has also happened for no apparent reason. I think that once you loose what you have typed in the editor it can not be recovered unless you have selected "Copy" at some time by using the mouse right click or "Edit + copy" at top of screen. If you lost a file on your own computer with unknown name , the only way is to remember some of the words in the file and use the search function. I am fairly sure that a message typed into editor is lost from cr4 if it does not appear in the thread when you press "return to thread"

Somehow you are posting now , so perhaps I do not understand the problem clearly.

Kris

In reply to #15

05/06/2007 9:16 PM

Thank you kris,

I post here is because I think administrator will solve the problem easily, they are familiar with the routine of the c4room and know which file will be recalled at client terminal when editor box is existing.

if I lost some file, when I type content in the editor box, the words will not be in the box range, so taht when I click "preview comment" beneath the promption of "Note: you are already subscribed to the discussion, go ...." the software will taken nothing inthe box, so it serves as empty. and prompt: cannt be empty etc...

I wonder, why the promption of :loading content, exist forever during my typing.

it seems it cannt find some files when it implements its routine.

but simetimes, I can post, sometimes, I repeat back on top of tool bar and preview, I can post as well, but most time, I cannt post, it strikes me odd.

I suspect there is somthing wrong with my java platform files. or something wrong with my ie6. I shall try other browser to check the problem

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #16

05/07/2007 2:05 AM

The 'loading content' display does take a long time sometimes. I don't know if this is a function of connection speed or maybe number of people using editor. I just make a coffee and wait (that's maybe why I don't sleep much !). Perhaps you can write replys in Word , save , then paste into editor for safety backup.

In reply to #18

05/07/2007 2:36 AM

your guess is right, the server is located in america, the access speed is indeed not as fast as some web site in domestic. sometime I have to wait for a long time. but the time is acceptable.

the problem is no matter how long I wait, the promption appear forever in the box,

I change one computer, there is not above problem. all is normal. so I believe there is some unimportant file lost, which dont effect computer runnig normally..

I try to find from the source files of the editor box page, but I can find nothing useful.

when I use the laptop reply some sever wroten by php, no problem. some sever in asp, seems problem.

its not a serious problem. but very bother

Register to Reply
Guru

05/09/2007 12:49 AM

the access speed seems a big problem as well.

I change my internet isp, and find effect is good.

how ever, the speed I accessed is always not fast from our China.

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 20 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (1); cnpower (11); Kris (7); mgaulin (1)

Previous in Forum: Software Creates Global Warehouse   Next in Forum: Where Can I Find a REAL Free Registry Cleaner for My PC?
You might be interested in: Thread Gages, Thread Rolling Machines, Thread Tapes

Advertisement