Sites: GlobalSpec.com | GlobalSpec Electronics | CR4 | Electronics360
Login | Register
The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: Car Aerodynamics   Next in Forum: Cruise Control 2008 Silverado
Close

Comments Format:

Close

Subscribe to Discussion:

CR4 allows you to "subscribe" to a discussion
so that you can be notified of new comments to
the discussion via email.

Close

Rating Vote:

4 comments
Participant

Toyota Nadia 3s-fse Engine

12/09/2011 5:35 AM

Hi, I changed piston rings for 3s-fse engine but when removing cylinder head cam shaft position sensor deformed on top so when I finished assemblying started the engine it only runs for 10secs and stalls, so everytime I start the car just at 10secs it stalls.

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".
Guru
Hobbies - Automotive Performance - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member

Location: Want to be: 34° 34' 21.60" N, 92° 55' 42.28" W Really am in Arizona
Good Answers: 997

Re: Toyota Nadia 3s-fse Engine

12/09/2011 9:50 AM

The obvious answer is get a new camshaft position sensor.

Some of these may help: #6 looks promising.

1. Guidelines for repair and maintenance of car Toyota Nadia ...Toyota Nadia 1998-2002 ... Engine 3S-FSE. The mechanical part 47 Check and adjust valve clearances in the drive 47 The timing belt 48 The cylinder head 49autorepman.com/en/toyota/...of-the-car-toyota-nadia-1998... - Cached
  2. Toyota Nadia 3s Fse Engine | Auto Repair Manual Free Download ...download CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION The vapor pressure sensor and VSV for vapor pressure sensor are used to detect abnormalities in the evap- orative emission control system.www.autozmagz.com/search/toyota+nadia+3s+fse+engine - Cached
  3. 1999 Toyota Nadia - all pics, specs, parts and pricesEngine model: Frame: Price: 1. Nadia ... 3S-FSE: GF-SXN10-AHSEH(S) $17400: 9. Nadia 2.0 D-4 L selection: MV&1Box: FF: AT: Gasoline: 1998: 3S-FSE: GF-SXN10-AHSEH(L) ... 1999 Toyota Nadia ...www.cars-directory.net/specs/toyota/nadia/1999_6 - Cached
  4. Toyota D4 engine - Pennywise - Wazua - ForumHey Skerians.anybody with an idea of why people seem to be condemming Toyota D4 engine? found in some Toyota Nadia,Ipsum ... (the one with the 3S-FSE D4 VVTi engine) ...m.wazua.co.ke/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=5116 - Cached
  5. AutoSpeed - The Toyota 3S 2-litre GuideThe first Toyota 3S-FE and 3S-GE engines ... the 1998 Nadia people mover, SV50 ... SV50 Vista and ST210 Corona Previo were made available with a newly devised 3S-FSE. The FSE engine ...autospeed.com/cms/title_The-Toyota-3S-2litre-Guide/A... - Cached
  6. Toyota Nardia Hi the one to help me, i have a 3s-fse D4 engineHi the one to help me, i have a 3s-fse D4 engine in a 1998 Toyota Nadia its a 1998cc engine rating. When fitting a new cam belt we place the crank on the TDC mark ...www.justanswer.com/toyota/...toyota...3s-fse-d4-engine.html - Cached
  7. 2002 Toyota Nadia Problem Stalling - Car Repair Questions ...Engine Performance problem 2002 Toyota Nadia 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic this car has a 3S -FSE Motor. when driven in and sround town it...www.2carpros.com/questions/toyota-nadia-2002-toyota... - Cached

Good Answers: 16
In reply to #1

12/09/2011 10:21 AM

Nothing more anyone can add other than GA

Register to Reply
Guru
Hobbies - Automotive Performance - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member

Location: Want to be: 34° 34' 21.60" N, 92° 55' 42.28" W Really am in Arizona
Good Answers: 997
In reply to #2

12/09/2011 11:14 AM

Thanks!

Good Answers: 86

12/09/2011 11:16 PM

GA Lyn.

Plenty for the OP to read. I didn't read any, its not my car but....

If the camshaft position sensor was wallaby-ted I wouldn't expect the engine to start at all let alone run for 10 whole seconds.

What the heck, the CPS is deformed (that could be anything from a scratch to being mashed) and should probably be replaced anyway. Start with the easy magic.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

lyn (2); Tim in Mexico (1); Wal (1)

Previous in Forum: Car Aerodynamics   Next in Forum: Cruise Control 2008 Silverado