Sites: GlobalSpec.com | GlobalSpec Electronics | CR4 | Electronics360
Login | Register
The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: Hard Disk Problem   Next in Forum: Problem Interfacing PIC16F877A with JHD162A LCD
Close

Comments Format:

Close

Subscribe to Discussion:

CR4 allows you to "subscribe" to a discussion
so that you can be notified of new comments to
the discussion via email.

Close

Rating Vote:

2 comments

Mymail Been Hacked or Assess by Someone Else

02/21/2012 7:42 PM

Hello,

I got an issue with my Lotus Notes email, occasionally when I assess to my mail there is a message prompt up, said that my ID files is used in elsewhere and cannot be modified. My question is, is mymail been hacked or assess by someone else? I tried changing to a new password but it doesn't work and my IT dept doesn't seem able to help me. Appreciate any feedback I already got annoyed with this issue. Thank you.

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru

Good Answers: 434

Re: Mymail been hacked or assess by someone else

02/21/2012 9:26 PM

One cause is due to a Windows broadcast of a WM_SettingChange that resulted in Notes refreshing all displayed Domino Server based windows in the Notes client. The refreshing of server based Notes windows would prompt for the user ID multiple times, which in turn generates the ID lock errors. A fix was put into release 5.0.7a and 5.0.8 which should minimize the occurrence of these errors. NOTE: This error message does not mean that someone else is using your Notes ID to gain unauthorized access. It is not an alert for possible case of the identity theft.
To work around this issue, do one of the following:

1. Turn off the option in the User Preferences to "Lock the id after xx minutes", or
2. Do not lock your Lotus Notes with Ctrl + F5 (or F5 before Notes 8).
3. Use the single log on feature to share your Notes ID password with your Windows password. When you leave your computer unattended, instead of locking your Notes ID, you should lock your workstation (Win key + L).

http://web4.uwindsor.ca/its/faq/id/189

In reply to #1

Re: Mymail been hacked or assess by someone else

02/21/2012 9:40 PM

Hi hi... thanks appreciate your advice...have a nice day

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 2 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!

Previous in Forum: Hard Disk Problem   Next in Forum: Problem Interfacing PIC16F877A with JHD162A LCD