the discussion via email.

Close

Rating Vote:

8 comments
Anonymous Poster #1

Dp Level Transmitter Calibration Under Vacuum Service

03/29/2012 2:48 AM

Hello every one,

We have a Multi Effect desalination package in NGL site. All Dp Level transmitter fail when package arrived to vacuum pressure. it means that fluctuation increase near -0.9barg (fluctuation depend on vacuum) . please describe cause and recommend reference or any comment that we can solve problem.

thanks

best regard

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain - possibly to become "South Scotland" or "Non-Caledonia" from September 2016. Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 590

Re: Dp Level transmitter calibration under vacuum service

03/29/2012 3:08 AM

The fluctuation is as a result of the contents boiling. Either choose another level measurement technique, like radar, or slug the signal(s) with (a) low-pass filter(s).

United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain - possibly to become "South Scotland" or "Non-Caledonia" from September 2016. Kettle's on.
In reply to #1

03/29/2012 3:36 AM

More thoughts: RF admittance would also work. It may be worth adding low-pass filters to any measurement technique.

In reply to #1

03/29/2012 9:42 AM

Hi Dear.

thanks you that inform me but I think water in LP & HP legs don't didn't boiling because of boiling point chart (0.54 bara ~ 70 C) . temperature in effect 4 is about 50 C and impossible boiling. now please tell me about calibration of Dp level transmitter if we can't change to radar technology.

thanks

Reply Off Topic (Score 4)
Guru

In reply to #4

03/29/2012 10:07 AM

That information doesn't correspond to Anonymous Poster #1's statement: <...near -0.9barg...>.

Popular Science - Cosmology - New Member Engineering Fields - Civil Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Nuclear Engineering - New Member United States - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 37
In reply to #4

03/29/2012 10:31 AM

I found it oddly coincidental that your problem occurs at -0.9bar (as stated in the original post) and the temperature of the process (as just described) is 50C which just happens to be the boiling point of water.

The fluctuation is due to flashing as stated earlier.

In reply to #4

03/29/2012 10:59 AM

Oh, and another thing. If it's an evaporator, how come the contents are supposedly not boiling?

In reply to #7

03/30/2012 5:40 AM

please review H&M balance of desalination package. so I checked again that fluctuation almost start after achieved to pressure -300mbarg and proportional by increasing vacuum. these LT install in effect 4 , 2 in brine side & the others in product side.

Reply Off Topic (Score 5)
Guru

03/29/2012 3:57 AM

During the next process design review, consider ways of making level control unneccessary for any following installations.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

ChaoticIntellect (1); m.shahryari (2); PWSlack (5)

Previous in Forum: Capacitance Probe   Next in Forum: Flow Control Logic Case

Advertisement