CR4 - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: Fake Semiconductors 'Could Cause Tragedy'   Next in Forum: NASA Gets Two Military Spy Telescopes For Astronomy
Close

Comments Format:

Close

Subscribe to Discussion:

CR4 allows you to "subscribe" to a discussion
so that you can be notified of new comments to
the discussion via email.

Close

Rating Vote:

16 comments
Anonymous Poster #1

Are We Alone On Our Planet?

05/12/2012 4:17 PM

I've read many stories about flying saucers visited our Planet. But any realistic story you came across that implies or proves we are not alone in our globe?

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Anonymous Poster #2

Re: Are we alone on our Planet?

05/12/2012 4:24 PM

Worms are "in our globe". We live "on our globe".

We are not alone. I know this. I've seen them.

I have the pictures to prove it.

I can't show them to you or they will come and pull out my...........................

Reply Good Answer (Score 2)
Anonymous Poster #3

05/12/2012 5:16 PM

I've never heard about flying saucers; only about flying spoons.

Reply Score 2 for Off Topic
Guru
Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 609

05/12/2012 5:30 PM

It's those fleets of flying toasters that have me worried....

Anonymous Poster #4

05/12/2012 6:21 PM

I'm just wondering who all of these anonymous posters are...

...are they all aliens!!??

Anonymous Poster #5
In reply to #4

05/12/2012 6:45 PM

Be careful when you ask a question. You might not want to know the answer.

Reply Good Answer (Score 2)
Anonymous Poster #6
In reply to #4

05/14/2012 3:37 AM

That would be telling....

Guru

Good Answers: 5

05/12/2012 11:51 PM

There may exist more advanced civilizations in other planes far away from earth.

Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Engineering Fields - Civil Engineering - New Member United States - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 144

Re: Are We Alone On Our Planet?

05/13/2012 11:58 AM

I know that they exist, as I've seen them on 3 separate occasions.....and the last 2 (one a boomerang shape, whereas the other one was triangular in shape....both were about 3 stories thick too....floating silent cities!) were observed in the last 7 years. They were as long as a football field and flying about 250 feet AGL!

Sorry, I don't have pics as I didn't have a camera of any type in my car....though 8 other peeps on one occasion did stop an get out of their cars, including a NY State Trooper! I would hate to have been him and try to write an incident report for that sighting!

New Zealand - Member - Kiwi Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 254

05/13/2012 2:49 PM

No none. We are all guessing based on available data on earth and our limited (but expanding) view of the universe. That and a dose of optimism.

Good Answers: 3

05/13/2012 7:35 PM

i doubt it. even if there are advanced forms of alien life out there, i would'nt think they would be capable of reaching the earth from a planet that's probibly light years away. they would have to manipulate physics as we know it.

another related question. could the "skunk works" be experimenting with aircraft that's decades more advanced than anyone could image?

Guru
Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Engineering Fields - Civil Engineering - New Member United States - Member - New Member

In reply to #9

05/13/2012 9:18 PM

I'm quite positive that Lockheed's Skunk Works is working on some sort of aircraft/spacecraft hybrid even more advanced than the "Aurora", which was rumored to go at least Mach 7.5, or Hypersonic. Heck, they may have already reverse engineered a captured alien spacecraft by now for all we know. Since the Roswell incident in 1947, 65 years have elapsed. That's a lot of time to tinker with some unknown technology and finally figure it out.....and look at all of the Black Budgets our there. Billions upon billions that it'd make Carl Sagan's head spin.......Ya think????!!!!!

Good Answers: 28

05/14/2012 10:32 AM

A "flying saucer" wouldn't actually work. Our military (US) has proven that already. However, other forms of space travel do look promising.

As for the question of whether or not we are alone here on/in the planet Eath... Well lets just say we know more about what is in outer space than we do about our own back yard.

Does anyone really know what may be living at the bottom of the oceans, in the trenches? Or deep in the caves in the bowels of the planet?

We aren't even certain what lurks in many of our forests and jungles.

In fact I sometimes look at the people around me (I peek out from under my tin foil helmet) and wonder what they are. I mean we've all seen "Men In Black", haven't we?

In reply to #12

05/15/2012 9:31 AM

Did you mean the Avro "Silver Bug", as developed for the USAF, when you contend that the US Military tried and failed to build a flying saucer? That was done back in the late 50's and early 60's, some 50 years distant, and lacked a powerful enough power plant. In fact it was driven by normally aspirated engines operating ducted fans for lift and a somewhat limited directional stability.

We've come a long long way with technology since then, so yes, it's entirely possible that some sort of Black Project may be under way to develop saucers or some other type of advanced flying technology. What they're developing we will not know anything about for another 50 years because those types of projects will be of the highest secret classification.....even the Prez will never know about the technology and advancements......he's about 12 or 13 steps down from the uppermost Top Secret clearance.

05/14/2012 12:22 PM

Scientists and researchers are working hard, day and night in various fields, in their mind nothing is impossible, dreams may com true.

Expect the non expected??!!

Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain. Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 591

05/15/2012 6:13 AM

On a planet with an undefined "we", plants are the predominent life form. There's just a few other things scurrying about among them.

The aggregate weight of insects on the planet far exceeds the aggregate weight of humans.

Just sayin'.

Good Answers: 161
In reply to #14

05/17/2012 8:38 AM

PWSlack, you wrote:

'...On a planet with an undefined "we", plants are the predominent life form...'.

If by predominant, you mean the group with the largest representation, measured by numbers of individuals or by total mass, prokaryota far exceed flora.

The total current mass of all bacteria and archaea likely exceeds that of all plants by an order of magnitude.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (5); Candlez (1); CaptMoosie (3); durtieduck (1); jack of all trades (1); not so smart (1); pnaban (1); PWSlack (1); Tornado (1); truth is not a compromise (1)

Previous in Forum: Fake Semiconductors 'Could Cause Tragedy'   Next in Forum: NASA Gets Two Military Spy Telescopes For Astronomy

Advertisement