CR4 - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion ®

Previous in Forum: Online Thesis - Elements   Next in Forum: Wave Energy Converter
Close
Close
Close
7 comments
Participant

Fracking

06/17/2014 11:57 AM

some weeks ago the news networks reported that an oil company executive was suing his own company as they were preparing to commence operations of his property.

What was the results?

Register to Reply
Pathfinder Tags: fracking
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Good Answers: 1559

Re: Fracking

06/17/2014 12:29 PM
Register to Reply
Guru
Popular Science - Evolution - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member

Good Answers: 921
In reply to #1

06/17/2014 12:56 PM

Sort of like some family that didn't want offshore windmills in their front yard.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #2

06/17/2014 1:56 PM

Give me windmills any day over fracking.

I firmly believe that it (fracking) does irreparable damage to the environment.

When in Minnesota, I live 5 miles north of a huge wind farm. I actually enjoy watching the blades turn slowly.

Register to Reply
Guru
Popular Science - Evolution - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member

Good Answers: 921
In reply to #4

06/17/2014 3:26 PM

My brother lives next to a wind farm. He said what was once a quiet beautiful farmland now drives him nuts with the constant noise.

When the wind blows the right way he can even hear the blades inside his house with the windows up.

He's owned his home there for 30+ years and now the value of the property is pretty much nil.

Probably better than fracking on the same property, but he would probably have a better chance of selling his land to the fracking company than he does with the owners of the wind farm.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #5

06/18/2014 12:14 AM

I'm sure he can be disturbed by the imposition.

Much like being in the flight path of an airport. Or by a rail line. Or a freeway, as we are, now. I don't hear it any more.

Register to Reply
Guru
Hobbies - Fishing - Old Salt Hobbies - CNC - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member

Good Answers: 269

06/17/2014 1:04 PM

Seems fracking is okay for oil company executives unless it's in their own backyard.

Safety - Hazmat - New Member Engineering Fields - Retired Engineers / Mentors - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Fans of Old Computers - PDP 11 - New Member

Good Answers: 201

06/18/2014 11:01 PM

As with many things: N I M B Y, "Not In My Back Yard" The richer you are the harder you can fight them.

Good Luck, Old Salt

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Hero (2); lyn (3); old salt (1); ozzb (1)

Previous in Forum: Online Thesis - Elements   Next in Forum: Wave Energy Converter

Advertisement