CR4® - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: Artificial Electromagnetic Muscle Tissue   Next in Forum: Baldness to Evolution
Close
Close
Close
3 comments
Guru

Good Answers: 210

Tune Up My Telomeres!

01/29/2015 2:01 PM
Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Good Answers: 110

Re: Tune up My Telomeres!

01/30/2015 6:37 AM

No offence intended, you provide some great links, but can you give a bit more detail on all this stuff you post. Even just a few clipped words before linking the juice. A title and URL doesn't get me chomping at the bit. The titles are great, but I draw a blank when I look at the post.

If I'm in a rush, all I get is mention of telomeres (whatever that is) plus some pic of a chromosome. Your posts are invariably good, but I need some hint as to what is to be found. I'll post OT because it's a minor thing, and I'm a major culprit for not making it clear what is to be found.

I've skipped a fair number of your posts, just because I'm not sure where it's going. Sorry if that sounds like self-rightious nagging

Telomeres are the caps at the ends of our chromosomes that protect the DNA code of the genome

Good Answers: 210
In reply to #1

01/30/2015 8:36 AM

I suggest you continue to breeze past everything I post

Register to Reply Off Topic (Score 5)
Guru

Good Answers: 110
In reply to #2

02/01/2015 3:10 AM

Lighten up. The comment was intended in a sincere and helpful way.

Having noticed that you've only recently found how to insert links, I was trying to add something for you.

If you read as much as you posted, you might see the point. Not long ago, Admin (Savvy, I think) made a comment about the use of links. It amounted to what I tried to tell you. Simply saying "look here" is not that useful.

I'm aware that a few replies to your questions about inserting hyperlinks imply to do exactly as you have. Trouble is, pasting in a url, highlighting and inserting the link is not very informative. Simply tapping out just a one sentance description in your own words would let people know a bit more. You can then insert the link onto whichever word/s seems most apt. The curious can hover their mouse and see where it leads before clicking.

I'd sent you a PM, just to make sure my comment was not misconstrued, so I'm baffled at the hostile reaction. Had you bothered to reply by PM, I'd reply and elaborate in the same way. All I'm guilty of is complementing you and trying to offer some advice that would help your posts get more people reading.

If you find an interesting piece of news, it seems a small thing to do a little more than post a title and the www.hereitis.

Why on earth you get all hissy about a comment intended as helpful escapes me. As mentioned, our overlords had made very much the same point somewhere or other. Come the day they figure how to stop spam, you may find that half your new discussion points get deleted purely because there is no apparent human input.

The fact that I've bothered trying to explain should tell you enough. Do as you wish. Being cynical and suspicious is it's own reward, you are seemingly more given to talking than listening. You'll find a button below marked 'report' if you wish to discuss the matter further. I cannot express my point in more simple terms for you.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: Artificial Electromagnetic Muscle Tissue   Next in Forum: Baldness to Evolution

Advertisement