CR4 - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion ®

Previous in Forum: BS and ISO   Next in Forum: 37Mn Grade Of Steel
Close
Close
Close
2 comments

EN10204:2004 Type 3.2 Inspection Certification

02/16/2015 3:00 AM

This is in reference to Type 3.2 inspection certification.

Is it required to get type 3.2 certificate from the steel manufacturer at the mill itself or any third party conducting the test has the authority to issue it from their own test lab without intervention of steel manufacturer? Further adding to my query,

1) If the stamping or markings on the steel plate is lost, can stockist's duplicate test certificates be referred or a recertification of "intent of type 3.2" is required?

2) How the certification is upgraded to 3.2 if the material lies with stockist, has no 3.1 certification previously and has no markings on the plate?

I would appreciate if answers come with bibliography.

Country- India

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Good Answers: 1543

Re: EN10204:2004 Type 3.2 Inspection certification

02/16/2015 3:10 AM
Register to Reply
Guru
Technical Fields - Project Managers & Project Engineers - New Member

Good Answers: 26

Re: EN10204:2004 Type 3.2 Inspection certification

02/16/2015 2:25 PM

Once you lose traceability due to lack of markings the plate cannot be used for coded applications. I have had customers accept a spectrograph and required physical ,dimensional testing to establish a new MTR, but many will not. If the heat # and cut # are stamped into the plate and coated with an approved coating and properly protected it will last for many years.

I have had applications where the plate was rusted over the stamping where we did a light polish and then a 5% nital etch and were able to see the original stamping under a magnifier. If the plate was not stamped its a loss.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: BS and ISO   Next in Forum: 37Mn Grade Of Steel

Advertisement