CR4® - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: Energy Engineering Internships?   Next in Forum: First Time Applying to Internship; Qualified?
Close
Close
Close
5 comments
Commentator

Your opinion?

02/25/2015 4:23 PM

EPFL Switzerland: 2000$ per year Chemical engineering Beng Then Masters in solar energy OR East Anglia Uk: 25000$ per year Energy engineering No masters Please help!..

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Good Answers: 1588

Re: Your opinion?

02/25/2015 5:48 PM

You are beyond help.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 102

02/25/2015 6:47 PM

Duplicate post. And when you were called out, you denied being you. You really don't want my opinion.

Register to Reply
Guru
New Zealand - Member - Kiwi Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 350

02/25/2015 7:32 PM

Hello all,

I really don't want to work too much, I have become a slacker. I don't care how a car works, how the sun rotates or how anything works. I don't want to think and I want to study something simple and not complex. However, I have chosen engineering because it is easier to get and keep a job, along with earning a good salary. But, is it really that worth it? Aren't there alternatives because I don't think I would make a good engineer if I don't like problem solving and I am not curious about how things work, it's too much work for nothing.

Hello there, I am entering university in september 2015. My mother is telling me go to East Anglia university and major in Energy engineering and environmental management, and my dad is telling me go to EPFL in Switzerland and major in Chemical engineering. Tuition for Uk:25000$ per year Tuition for Switzerland: 1300$ per year!

Dad says go to EPFL do any engineering I want then master in energy. However, EPFL is in french and although I do understand french, my last 3 years at school were taught in english. My mom says go to Uk because I am curious about alternative enegy, and even though its much more expensive, she says that the business world is in english and not french and that energy has just started=High demand=high paying jobs(especially in the Uk).

Now PLEASE I just need some advice as I cannot take that decision on my own because I don't mind going to either Uk or the other(although I'm still curious about learning how energy from the sun is used as other forms of energy..!) Thanks!

What do YOU want to do, we cannot make the decision for you and we sure as heck aren't going to do your homework for you if you go, so lets get that clear right now!

My advice, stay the heck away from a Masters course until you find the motivation and interest to complete something that tough.

Location: Savannah, GA. The post office decided to change my address again.
Good Answers: 19

02/25/2015 9:14 PM

My opinion?

Go to Purdue University USA (the place lots-o-astronauts start) for aero engineering, join the astronaut corp and get launched into space, I understand there's lots of energy to be found out there.

Now make up your own flippin' mind or scat!

JMHO and remember you asked.

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked.(Lord Chesterfield)
Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 181

02/26/2015 3:48 AM

I do not know the level at East Anglia UK but I very well know the EPFL which is considered as one of the best engineering schools in europe.

With the 25.000/year you can cover all your expenses in Switzerland not only the tuition. It will have several positive aspects beyond tuition : learning to live in a different environment, get in touch with students from many other countries, learn an other language and the most important open your mind to the world.

BUT the DECISION is yours and nobody will take the burden of it from your shoulders.

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 5 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

bigg (1); jack of all trades (1); lyn (1); nick name (1); Wrench twirler (1)

Previous in Forum: Energy Engineering Internships?   Next in Forum: First Time Applying to Internship; Qualified?

Advertisement