CR4® - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: College Design Project for Active Aging. Need Mechanical and Electrical Advice   Next in Forum: New Alloy for Generating Electricity
Close
Close
Close
12 comments

Student Project on Street Lighting ystem

02/28/2015 2:32 PM

I'm a final year student and am doing my project on street lighting system and in my project am required to determine the illumination and from this illumination is where I will be able to select the right led lamp

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Good Answers: 1598

Re: student

02/28/2015 2:36 PM

DUPPLICATE THREAD ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Projects are for learning, not asking others to do the project!

Did you notice the CR4 homework policy?

• Do your own homework. CR4 is not a homework cheat site. While some here might relish the opportunity to sharpen up old rusty skills by working the homework problem, consider the following and consider it well. If you cheat on your homework by using someone else's answers, you are only cheating yourself, because the purpose of any homework or other academic assignments is to help you learn - by practice, repetition, and self-discovery.
Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 102
In reply to #1

02/28/2015 4:48 PM

I don't see a question/problem stated here anyway!

If he won't read the policies here why should he look up the illumination data on the lights he's considering?

Register to Reply
Guru
Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Been there, done that, still doing it. Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 774
In reply to #1

02/28/2015 10:31 PM

I think I'm suffering from a case of deja vu.

In reply to #3

02/28/2015 10:55 PM

That's better than the OP.

He's a final year student and is totally in the dark!

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 110
In reply to #4

03/01/2015 7:44 AM

'Final year' student, but that doesn't mean he or she has made it to the third year. Sad fact, but something like 15 % of Brit Engineering undergraduates find that their first year is the final one. Primary reason is a lack of basic grounding in mathematics. Possibly Universities could give them a crash course, but it's not really their job to teach the basics - our schools fail young people something terrible when it comes to anything numerical or scientific. I could have written that exact point several decades ago.

Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Been there, done that, still doing it. Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

In reply to #6

03/01/2015 8:25 AM

I think far too much credit and responsibility for education is placed on the schools and much too little is placed on the students today. I do fault the undergraduate programs for not screening out students not properly prepared to do the work. A desire for performing any form of engineering is mandatory for engineering. Desire is not the sole requirement for success in engineering.

In reply to #7

03/01/2015 10:44 AM

I'm not clued up on how American schools work, but I hope it is not as bad as here.

One unfortunate time in my life I was teaching undergraduates. I'll not go into detail, but I was banging my head on a desk, None of the group had any capability that I'd have expected of a 16'ish kid. It's totally sad but true. On top of that, they has zero common sence for basic lab tests. I could rant for ages, but I just gave up and quit. It was painfull to experience. Maybe I should have stayed, but it was mind-numbing agony to explain step by step. I had not the patience, and that fault is probably mine.

In reply to #8

03/01/2015 10:57 AM

I blame parents of today for making things too easy for their children. We do everything for them.

Then we blame the schools when they fail because teachers can't/won't take the time to coddle them like we have done all their lives.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #9

03/01/2015 11:47 AM

That is very true - things don't work as we would like, it's most often our own fault. Wisdom is realizing ones own mistakes in early life, and having the balls to try and learn + tell younger people- they never listen, but that's a big part of learning. The biggest part of learning is falling over - painful, but we learn.

In reply to #9

03/01/2015 3:41 PM

I think coddling is a symptom and not the core problem. I think we celebrate winning far too much. More to my point we do not teach any of the advantages of failures. We do not point out that every successful person worked through earlier failures to eventually become a success.

Engineering Fields - Systems Engineering - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member

Good Answers: 62
In reply to #8

03/12/2015 1:17 AM

It is pretty bad

Not universal, but pretty wide spread

Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Safety - ESD - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Location: Near Frankfurt am Main, Germany. 50.390866N, 8.884827E
Good Answers: 197

03/01/2015 5:32 AM

Why post twice?

Do your own homework too, you will get no help from me....

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Andy Germany (1); bigg (1); edignan (1); Kris (3); lyn (3); redfred (3)

Previous in Forum: College Design Project for Active Aging. Need Mechanical and Electrical Advice   Next in Forum: New Alloy for Generating Electricity

Advertisement