CR4® - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: Baldness to Evolution   Next in Forum: What is This? No Googling!
Close
Close
Close
39 comments
Power-User
Hobbies - Musician - New Member

Good Answers: 3

Juicing - Body pH

03/01/2015 12:08 PM

This is not a CR4 Spam and not about "protrusion"--could be, perhaps but it's quite informative if you agree that body pH is the way to live a long and healthy life away from obesity and dysfunction of several growing muscles/glands and hair

What do you think Sirs?

Here is the link- this may help a lot Dr. Robert Young on the important of Juicing.

Long Live!

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru
Popular Science - Evolution - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member

Good Answers: 921

Re: Juicing - Body pH

03/01/2015 12:27 PM

All these miracles.

Actually, just eating right (healthy), exercising, and being happy does the same thing.

It's no secret after all.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 1125

03/01/2015 12:37 PM

No medical advice allowed on Cr4......

In reply to #2

03/01/2015 12:47 PM

Uhu.... I get it now,it should be that no engineering advice allowed on CR4--i mean officially?

In reply to #4

03/01/2015 2:00 PM

None of the people I know that are over 80, have any habit of drinking juice....which taken in excess can cause the runs....stick with water and solid food and leave the fads to the young, who are more likely to survive them...jmo

In reply to #6

03/01/2015 11:54 PM

If our gaskets were only replaceable, probably leaks will be eliminated.

Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 335

03/01/2015 12:42 PM

One one thing is eating right is watch out for red meat in take. What is bad is the fat and juices that is acidic, and as a meat eater, this was extremely hard to do, even though I did cut down on my meat intake slightly, I try to make up with it by exercising.

this may sound like a plug for vitamix but From my own experience, about two years ago, I wanted to try juicing, after talking it over with my girlfriend, she suggests a vitamix, because the pulp is also good for you. I'll tell you, I never thought I'd drop $500.00 on a blender, but it was the best investment I did.

We don't use it as often now, about 4-5 times a week, the biggest reason we use it, is how easy it is to clean, 30-45 seconds.

Eating a well balanced meal is the best.... Ahhhh.... What AH said.

Ps, for SE, this my opinion.

Anonymous Poster #1
In reply to #3

03/02/2015 8:37 AM

Pls. say no to me...

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 1586

03/01/2015 1:06 PM

42 minutes long? I think that's way too long to look at a infomercial.

My juice: Typically contains about 5% alcohol and is distilled from various grains.

pH 4.2

Register to Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Power-User

In reply to #5

03/01/2015 11:57 PM

oh,...a minute or 2 you get leak and a burp carbon dioxide too.

Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 749

03/01/2015 3:19 PM

Sounds a little too well juiced, even for me.

Good Answers: 771

03/01/2015 4:10 PM

Personally I prefer to have my body PH somewhere between abrasive and caustic.

Oh wait. Thats my personality that like that.

Now go bugger off N' stuff.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #8

03/01/2015 4:23 PM

That's what I like about you.

You have an even disposition.

BAD all the time.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 771
In reply to #9

03/01/2015 5:35 PM

Demolition saws weren't made to polish fine furniture.

I do what I do best!

Register to Reply
Power-User

In reply to #8

03/02/2015 12:25 AM

Yeah, you are an acid baby. LOL. I like that

Good Answers: 104

03/01/2015 8:22 PM

A while back we had an "ionized drinking water" thread http://cr4.globalspec.com/thread/83337/Ionized-Drinking-Water that was quite similar to the "body pH" part of your posting.

Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member

Good Answers: 83

03/01/2015 8:52 PM

http://www.quackwatch.com/11Ind/young3.html

Diet does not affect body/blood pH, no matter what the advocates of 'alkaline diets' tell you. It's just more diet-woo.

Register to Reply
Guru
New Zealand - Member - Kiwi Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 350
In reply to #12

03/01/2015 9:16 PM

Great link, only problem is a search of "Keshe foundation" or similar produced no hits on this particular database.

Good Answers: 80
In reply to #12

03/01/2015 9:35 PM

Not quite true. Large quantities of lithium, calcium, sodium or potassium hydroxides (or aqueous ammonia) will definitely turn the physiology alkaline, beginning with the mouth and throat followed by complete neutralization of stomach acid. This will be positively proven and recorded by the subsequent autopsy.

Guru

03/01/2015 9:43 PM

This guy is a lunatic!

"You don't get cancer, you don't get diabetes, you have do it"? (40 seconds)

"There's not many diseases , there's only one disease"???? (50 seconds)

After listening to this much of the pitch, I gave up and looked for myself.

pH Miracle Living "Dr." Robert O. Young is finally arrested ...

Cancer quack Robert O. Young is arrested and arraigned ...

This guy sells books and snake oil.

"In addition to writing, Young operates retreats and markets herbal and dietary supplements, many of which are his own brand ("Young pHorever"). The supplements are marketed by him directly and through a multilevel company called InnerLight, which he founded." From Sue's site.

Register to Reply Good Answer (Score 7)
Guru

In reply to #15

03/01/2015 10:26 PM

Isn't this guy in jail.....?

"On November 5, Robert Oldham Young of Valley Center was ordered to face six felony charges, including practicing medicine without a license and grand theft by fraud at the end of a three-week preliminary hearing.

Robert Young

Young is accused of pretending to be a doctor and promising cures to people dying of cancer and charging thousands of dollars for fake treatments. He had been charged with more than 20 felonies, but judge Timothy Casserly dismissed the majority of charges for lack of evidence."....

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2014/nov/11/ticker-robert-young-phony-physician-valley-center/#

http://www.medicaldaily.com/robert-oldham-young-fake-doctor-who-injected-cancer-patients-ph-treatment-pleads-not-guilty-268025

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/ph-miracle-living-dr-robert-o-young-finally-arrested-but-will-it-stop-him/

In reply to #16

03/02/2015 12:07 AM

Probably the guy's bumping its head on the pavement. Sailing against a monsoon wind and it broke it sails. Probably from too much marketing venture or run over by the pavement.

"you know where you are?? You are in the jungle baby"..-Axl Rose- Crazy Train-Ozzy

Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member

In reply to #15

03/01/2015 10:55 PM

Maybe he thought he was Marcus Welby, M.D. ...

Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 335
In reply to #15

03/02/2015 7:16 AM

Yah, I saw that also,.... Robert Young,....... is that the guy that played Marcus Welby on the TV series Marcus Welby MD lol

Good Answers: 28

03/01/2015 10:48 PM

You will not get much valuable info here as not many if any are involved in this area of health but it is easy to research, a normal ph of 7.2-7.4 is desired of everyday quality of life, Sugars and hi glycemic carbs are deadly and will drive the PH well into the undesirable acid range. Read up on Dr. Warburg, Dr. Hoanna Budwig for a start. If you want quack information go to quackwatch. All pathogens thrive in acid condition and I do NOT MEAN BLOOD PH. The damage is done at the cellular level, a acid cell will not absorb oxygen and when you loose 26% of oxygen the cell is a candidate to become a cancer. Essential fatty acids are also instrumental in healthy cells from several angles but PH is one of them. You can test PH with saliva and or urine. Green vegies is good for alkaline as are many minerals such as magnesium, boron, potassium, calcium. Baking soda is also good and there are some unique alkalizers such as apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, although acid they form alkaline ash thus good to raise PH. The only sugar that forms alkaline ash is Maple Sugar.

I have been a health coach for 40 years and alkalize is always #1 with a mandatory dumping of processed food from you diet. ( same thing almost) I have a lot of happy students most came back from the brink of death. Those that do not believe are remembered with the famous words " dearly beloved we are gathered here to remember ????"

In reply to #17

03/01/2015 11:11 PM

You should have stopped at, "You will not get much valuable info here".

Continuing with your sage advice simply puts you in the same category as the alkali king.

Power-User

In reply to #17

03/02/2015 12:15 AM

Funny Roy but somewhat true. -- There is more freedom at the ground state and process get's efficient that way.

Acids are always seem the by product of bacterial/fungal decomposition.

I made a compost tea, with a teaspoons of molasses in a bucket of rain water to feed the decomposers eating the organic materials- they just love sugar

I'll wait for my buddy James Stewart, to crank this whole thing up!!! Com' in James

Guru

In reply to #23

03/02/2015 12:29 AM

A little too much acid would explain a lot here.....

03/02/2015 12:32 AM

By now it is fully clear that juicing produces copious verbal, as well as intestinal, diarrhea. This might conceivably be a civil engineering topic, but only barely.

03/02/2015 12:48 AM

The plot thickens....not

In reply to #27

03/02/2015 8:39 AM

Girly drink?? NOPE , may be a little

Good Answers: 29

03/02/2015 10:50 PM

It took me a few minutes (I'm not as quick as before), but I get it now. By acid, he means the hallucinogenic type. A doctor from the 70's ...

So, he must've been on a very "special" trip when he made the video.

Just don't do something crazy, like shoot up some lye (it is alkaline, right) into your veins - yes, you will die.

I think one of my favorite parts was when he said that our skin is made of blood! Going back years and years, I recall my biology teachers saying something about skin cells, but you know, that was a long time ago and maybe, just maybe, our skin really is made of blood!

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 33

03/05/2015 10:18 PM

I was born with a "Juicing " mechanism. called molars and attendant helpers. Researching Man's diet, with has lead to the various DNA changes over the last million or so years, I would go with what ever makes you feel more energy, less constipated, and drink a lot of water. Listening to a respected Dietician, when asked about her most difficult patients, she said, "Vegans and vegetarians"… When asked WHY, she said that they often try to save the World thru Diet, and they do not learn how to really combine foods. Most are Protein deficient, yet don't research enough to handle it. Often some can handle those diets adequately, and others have very strong reactions. Trust your own body and it's symptoms….

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #32

03/06/2015 12:37 AM

Vegan/vegetarians are usually low on creatine. We get creatine from our normal diets - from eating meat. Creatine helps increase muscle mass and helps our brains function.

Years ago, I did a lot of bike riding and running (I ate regular meals with meat). I took small amounts of creatine and noticed a pretty significant difference. I did bulk up a bit (a good thing for me back then) and I felt a lot stronger.

I was worried about kidney and liver damage, but about 5 years ago, the medical community did a study and found out that reasonable levels of creatine don't cause kidney or liver damage.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #32

03/06/2015 12:42 AM

My better half did quite a bit of juicing a few years ago. She would make these green smoothies in the morning (non dairy smoothies). She mixed kale with whatever fruit we had in the house, then added pineapple juice to kill the kale taste. They were actually pretty good, but we both gained a few lbs. Her doctor told her that there's a lot of calories in the juice and she needs to cut back.

Once in a while she makes her smoothie in the morning. Once a week, I buy a quart of Green Machine juice and drink it during the week. When I'm feeling worn out, I drink a pint of C-Blast or Blue Machine drink - it's not as healthy as fresh juice, but I think it's pretty close and I know how many calories I'm taking in.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #34

03/06/2015 12:01 PM

I was a full vegetarian for about 3 years, from age 20--23. Doing a lot of activity, living in the Tropics. Then a I started eating fish 3 times a week, which helped my protein requirements. Moving to a different, more temperate climate, that included freezing weather at times, I found that my body needed a better source of Protein and energy that lasted longer. Started including more red meat, chicken and the like... I think, if one is pretty healthy to begin with, "listening to your body" is the best practice. The only contrary side of that is, I have been told that if you are thirsty, that means you are not hydrating properly. I only crave useless carbs when something else is awry in my system. Then….Look out Cheetos!!

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #35

03/06/2015 10:17 PM

Take a look at what this guy does. He says he only brings a small bottle of water and maybe a power bar.

When I was doing a lot of bike riding (and I was in the best shape of my life), I could do a century ride with only a few power bars, but I needed a Camelback Mule full of water. After the ride, I'd eat a lot of food, but during the ride, I didn't need much.

They say that your body stores a lot of energy and when you're in shape, it's able to utilize the energy without feeding it externally. I can attest to that, since I'm not in as good shape and I do have situations where I can't function until I get something to eat.

Here's the article! Enjoy. http://www.outsideonline.com/magazine/Outside-Magazine-December-2014-Whats-Next.html

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #36

03/07/2015 12:15 PM

Good article. When I was younger, I was Framer (carpentry), and built a lot of houses. I wish I had the same energy now. Probably burned about 5000 calories a day, and went through 1 1/2 , or more, gallons of water a day. I lived off of Power bar type food all day, and had only one meal, at night. I was told by a Nutritionist that with the concentrated proteins and calories, that increased water was a must, as you mentioned. It would be easy to get really constipated if you were dehydrated. The combination of the bars and water had the same effect as it did with you, in quelling the hunger bug. I also surfed a lot, early on, and would do 4-5 hour sessions , in the Tropics. Talk about getting dehydrated!!! The heat, the salt water, and exertion combined could really wipe you out. Relied on Welsh's grape juice to rehydrate. Don't know if it was the right product (probably too much sugar), but man , did it taste good out of the fridge!

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #37

03/11/2015 11:26 AM

I still do some long days of work. Sundays are typically my only day off, but it's not really a day off. A lot of my Sundays are spent working on our rental properties. I get out of the house around 9am and I'm working all day until 9pm. I of course take a lunch break and I'll eat dinner after I finish. A few years ago, I'd work until 2am and call it quits. I probably could do it now, but I don't have the desire to and luckily for me, I don't need to.

If you have a chance, try Cytomax as a recovery drink. I buy the big tub (about a gallon) of powder. It works great and tastes good too.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #38

03/11/2015 6:55 PM

I will look into that product. Thanks for the tip.

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 39 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Hero (1); Anonymous Poster (1); Autobroker (5); BruceFlorida (1); C-Mac (4); jack of all trades (1); JNB (1); Kulas (7); lyn (4); phoenix911 (2); roy hammy (1); SolarEagle (5); sue (1); tcmtech (2); Tornado (3)

Previous in Forum: Baldness to Evolution   Next in Forum: What is This? No Googling!

Advertisement