Previous in Forum: 2061-35-ALF: The Principles For Applications of Gas Discharge Tube Arresters   Next in Forum: Flaw in Lithium-Sulfur Batteries Solved
Close
Close
Close
5 comments
Participant

Nickel Wire 0.025-mm Diameter 99.9% Pure

03/22/2017 6:34 AM

I was recently hired by the marketing arm of a collection of mines/refineries that specialize in 0.025 mm diameter nickel wire sold on bobbins. I have had a tough time finding distributors, importers and manufacturers that can purchase our minimum, which is a million meters. Where do I find buyers at this volume? Thanks for your help in advance.

Daniel

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Hobbies - HAM Radio - New Member United Kingdom - Big Ben - New Member Fans of Old Computers - Altair 8800 - New Member Canada - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 119

Re: Nickel Wire 0.025mm diameter 99.9% pure

03/22/2017 9:09 AM

Obviously you need to analyze the market to determine all potential users and where they are and what they now buy.

I also want to know who has the potential to buy a million meters of this fine nickel wire?

United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain. Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 819

Re: Nickel Wire 0.025mm Diameter 99.9% pure

03/22/2017 10:38 AM

Start by talking to existing customers. Ideas will come from there. Remember that every complaint is doing the business a favo(u)r.

Good Answers: 1744

Re: Nickel Wire 0.025mm Diameter 99.9% pure

03/22/2017 12:10 PM

Buy it yourself and sell in smaller quantities....

New Zealand - Member - Kiwi Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 376

Re: Nickel Wire 0.025-mm Diameter 99.9% Pure

03/22/2017 2:49 PM

Try researching online what markets and types of customers actually use this wire and what for. This should give you a better idea of who the big end customers are, then you can target them directly.

Try heating element and vacuum tube manufacturers too.

Large companies that stock and sell copper winding wire or specialty wire may also be potential customers. A million meters is still only about 4.4kg, and 1kg bobbins seem to be common, so they may be interested in stocking it.

Re: Nickel Wire 0.025-mm Diameter 99.9% Pure

09/20/2019 2:02 AM

Daniel,

I represent clients in Russia that have this kinda abilities. And will be happy to work with US partners..

Aleksey

Register to Reply Off Topic (Score 5)
Register to Reply 5 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Akeksey (1); aurizon (1); jack of all trades (1); PWSlack (1); SolarEagle (1)

Previous in Forum: 2061-35-ALF: The Principles For Applications of Gas Discharge Tube Arresters   Next in Forum: Flaw in Lithium-Sulfur Batteries Solved

Advertisement