CR4® - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: Is Humanity Evolving into the BORG?   Next in Forum: "Flippy" the Hamburger Patty Cooking Fool
Close
Close
Close
17 comments
Power-User

Good Answers: 14

Success: (The Popup)

03/12/2018 12:48 PM

When one clicks on, "Mark All Comments As Read", a popup appears saying, "Success...". Does anyone know if there is a way to permanently disable said message?

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Popular Science - Cosmology - New Member Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Energy Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - Old Member, New Association

Good Answers: 72

Re: SUCCESS: (The Popup)

03/12/2018 1:14 PM

Perhaps the web designer has a way. I just click on "Unsubscribe" to those feeds after a while as do many others.

While it is popped up on top, you might just hit a "return" or enter button to make it go away without having to click on it with your mouse.

In reply to #1

03/12/2018 1:31 PM

Thanks for the suggested "shortcut" but I'm seeking something a bit more permanent. Perhaps the web designer could add a button the the "Success" box to do this.

Good Answers: 1203

03/12/2018 1:37 PM

Have you tried your pop-up blocker?

In reply to #3

03/12/2018 2:24 PM

I have one active. AdGuard AdBlocker on Chrome.

CR4 Admins - CR4 Moderator - CR4 Moderator United States - Member - New Member Popular Science - Cosmology - New Member Technical Fields - Education - New Member

Good Answers: 18

03/12/2018 1:53 PM

I'll look for the answer to your query a bit later this afternoon (I'm the moderator from 1:00 until 5:00 EDT).

Register to Reply
Power-User

In reply to #4

03/12/2018 2:24 PM

Thank you!

CR4 Admins - CR4 Moderator - CR4 Moderator United States - Member - New Member Popular Science - Cosmology - New Member Technical Fields - Education - New Member

In reply to #6

03/12/2018 3:14 PM

Working on it.

Register to Reply
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting ["brexit" - ugh] as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 730

03/12/2018 3:13 PM

The point of disabling it being what? The nuisance factor?

In reply to #7

03/12/2018 3:40 PM

My success in my former career was based heavily on my ability to find ways to streamline processes by eliminating wasted time. Yes, I find repetitive, wasted actions annoying.

03/12/2018 4:33 PM

As far as any of us on the CR4 team can tell, there is no way to disable that perpetual "Success!" message. I'm going to submit this to the development team. If a fix is easy to do (read: doesn't take much time) we just might get it done sooner rather than later. I'll keep you posted.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 27

03/13/2018 2:25 AM

Perhaps the " success " message is meant for those among us that don't have much successes, so this is a way that the designer has allowed all participants that are actively participating to feel that they have a " gained " a measure of success.

Register to Reply
Power-User

Good Answers: 8
In reply to #11

03/13/2018 10:42 AM

Sometimes, verification that intended actions have actually been done/completed is necessary/polite. Just like on phone-calls/verbal-coms someone might say, "roger that", or "mission completed". With computers, you never really know what goes on behind closed code.

03/13/2018 11:44 AM

Just to eliminate some confusion, my request is for the option to stop the popup. Those of you who want it are welcome to it!

Good Answers: 8
In reply to #13

03/13/2018 12:24 PM

Yeah, I get it. But, do you know why computers are so contentious/aggravating? Because in silicon valley, they're always saying, "It's code in here!", and someone's always turning up the heat.

In reply to #14

03/13/2018 2:13 PM

LOL!

03/13/2018 3:33 PM

Update: I turned in the request to Dev Support. The manager asked if we want the feature disabled or disabled only when told (one of those "don't show this again" kind of messages); I told him only when told. Stay tuned; I probably won't have any news for a few days.

Register to Reply
Power-User

In reply to #16

03/13/2018 4:29 PM

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

BestInShow (4); Dennis R. Levesque (2); NotUrOrdinaryJoe (1); PWSlack (1); SolarEagle (1); tonyhemet (1); wmerryall (7)

Previous in Forum: Is Humanity Evolving into the BORG?   Next in Forum: "Flippy" the Hamburger Patty Cooking Fool

Advertisement