Previous in Forum: BN Accelerometer Probe Configuration Issue   Next in Forum: Nitrogen Gas Detector
Close
Close
Close
7 comments
Commentator

TCP Port 502

07/04/2019 8:09 AM

Hey All,

I have fixed a gsm modem to a pumps controller and want to connect wirelessly to the scada software using the public IP address! but seems port 502 is not opened, any one can help how to make the port available from public ip address to my pc where scada is running?

Login to Reply
Interested in this discussion?
You can "subscribe" to this discussion to be notified of new comments.
Click on the Subscribe menu at the top of the page.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain. Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 811

Re: TCP port 502

07/04/2019 9:12 AM

<...any one can help...>

May one assume those at the <...gsm modem...> manufacturer's technical helpline are at lunch and therefore unavailable?

Good Answers: 1683

Re: TCP port 502

07/04/2019 1:18 PM

Probably a driver problem....

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-fix-network-connection-issues

..."It mainly attributes to a lack of network adapter driver, the driver is outdated or it's incompatible with the system. "...

https://www.iobit.com/en/knowledge-how-to-fix-network-adapter-driver-issue-on-windows-14.php

Good Answers: 6

Re: TCP Port 502

07/05/2019 8:45 AM

First, let me warn that connecting an industrial control system across a public internet is not a good idea. It allows anyone who has the urge to access your pump controller, perhaps even your whole SCADA system.

If your SCADA system is setup to have secure access you will also have to program one or more firewalls to allow the communication a path to your PC.

GSM is a proprietary GE protocol that is only similar to TCP/IP. You may have to use a translation program to convert it back to TCP/IP.

Good Answers: 1683

07/05/2019 10:23 AM

Good Answers: 18

07/05/2019 12:36 PM

Port 502 is the typical default port for Modbus/TCP communications. I suspect that Windows Firewall, or any other firewall has disabled port 502 by default.

The warning about connecting over the internet to an open port is real. You need to be using a VPN.

Login to Reply
Commentator

07/09/2019 7:27 AM

Thanks All,

To open 502 port first you need to open it from router, then using following command at the local host to open it between router to local hos:

netsh interface portproxy add v4tov4 listenport=130 listenaddress=192.168.1.116 connectport=223 connectaddress=192.168.1.203

Replace the "listenport" and "connectport" numbers with the source and destination port numbers, and replace the "listenaddress" and "connectaddress" numbers with the source and destination IP addresses.

Login to Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Commentator

In reply to #5

07/09/2019 7:28 AM

Thanks Bud, but do you have any topics I can find about this? structure or illustration?

Login to Reply
Login to Reply 7 comments
Interested in this discussion?
You can "subscribe" to this discussion to be notified of new comments.
Click on the Subscribe menu at the top of the page.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Bud (1); Fardan (2); PWSlack (1); SolarEagle (2); XNuke (1)

Previous in Forum: BN Accelerometer Probe Configuration Issue   Next in Forum: Nitrogen Gas Detector

Advertisement