Previous in Forum: A Routine Clean-Up Of A Parisian Canal Left Some Interesting Discoveries!   Next in Forum: Advice on a Cross Country Drive in a 46 Year Old Car?
Close
Close
Close
6 comments
Participant

Isuzu Amigo 2.6 ‘94 More Power

07/06/2019 4:15 PM

Hello

What I can do to get more power and torque in lower rpm in amigo 2.6 94?

thanks

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Good Answers: 1722

Re: Isuzu amigo 2.6 94 more power

07/06/2019 5:01 PM

Basically comes down to how much skill and access to parts you have, if you can do the work yourself it changes the cost dramatically....You can go several ways, but first you want to define your goals clearly, more power and torque is fairly vague....an engine swap, adding turbo charger, or just changing the exhaust, how much more do you want?

http://pages.suddenlink.net/wayne/Main/Vehicle/Isuzu_FAQ.htm

In reply to #1

07/06/2019 5:33 PM

https://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=37318

...", the single best power upgrade you can make on the 2.6L is to have the ECM re-chipped. I have heard that Jet Chips in CA"...

In reply to #2

07/07/2019 12:00 PM

In reply to #3

07/08/2019 5:30 AM

...as you can see the engine is already geared for low end torque....if it's a 4x4 you could remove the front driveshaft to eliminate power transmission loss, but you would also lose some traction....you could go to a shorter axle gear, I think this has around 4.53 stock, but I think there is a 5.33 option....that would lower top speed but increase lower end torque....you could go with a smaller wheel size, this would have the same effect...bear in mind that changing the final drive ratio effects the speedometer accuracy as well, and needs to be corrected....

Re: Isuzu Amigo 2.6 ‘94 More Power

07/07/2019 4:10 PM

I would take it to a dyno testing facility to get a baseline performance reading, to see how far from spec you are....you might just need a rebuild....or maybe you just need a tune-up....

"Costs to Tune a Car. Taking your car to a dyno tuning garage is the best way to not only improve performance, boost horsepower, and make the engine run more efficiently. However, initial costs can start at $400 to $700.Oct 7, 2013 "

http://www.autos.com/aftermarket-parts/how-much-should-you-spend-on-a-dyno-tune

United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain. Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 816

Re: Isuzu Amigo 2.6 ‘94 More Power

07/08/2019 3:59 AM

<...get more power and torque in lower rpm...> Change the engine for a hurking-great diesel?

<...What I can do...> The forum is on no position to assess the skills of its individual contributors, especially from a post with only a single sentence of information. If that's all that is available for the assessment, the consensus answer at this stage might be "very little".

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: A Routine Clean-Up Of A Parisian Canal Left Some Interesting Discoveries!   Next in Forum: Advice on a Cross Country Drive in a 46 Year Old Car?

Advertisement