Previous in Forum: Can water from other planets compensate for our water footprints?   Next in Forum: Throwing a Little More Fuel on the Pyre...
Close
Close
Close
12 comments
Active Contributor

Good Answers: 1

Are we ready for colonisation of other Planets

05/03/2008 11:41 PM

Planet vibration effect the cells of a leaving organism

I believe, if humans settle on an other planet their body cells will try to adjust to the environmental vibration. That means:

• If a "Earth cell" divides on Mars does it becomes a "Mars cell"
  • If this Mars Cell returns to earth can it survive?

www.symvoulos.net cares for people and the environment and needs to collect information to prevent a disaster.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru

Good Answers: 144

Re: Are we ready for colonisation of other Planets

05/03/2008 11:48 PM

no

Good Answers: 243

05/04/2008 10:19 PM

"Planet vibration effect the cells of a leaving organism"

????

Documentation of this claim please.

milo Please see quote

In reply to #2

05/05/2008 9:13 AM

Thank you Milo

here is one proof ....http://lis.arc.nasa.gov/lis2/Chapters1_3/Studying_Living_Organisms.html

Reply Off Topic (Score 5)
Guru

In reply to #5

05/05/2008 9:40 AM

Thanks for the link. Actually, I couldn't find a single mention of the phrase 'Planetary vibration' in that primer.

It did discuss the effect of microgravity on organismic development.

Is lack of gravity a planetary vibration? What is its frequency?

Perhaps the original poster is suggesting that gravity is planetary vibration?

The question reminds me of the old cordwainer space opera ' scanners live in vain,' in which the pain of space flight was to ameliorated by putting molluscs on the outer most layers of the craft, to "bear our pain for us." Other humans on board were put in suspended animation, and scanners, specially modified humans with only visual sense (so that they could not feel this pain)were "sentient' during the flight.

To be fair, in order to prevent decalcification in astronauts bones during extreme flights, vibration has been suggested as a means to stimulate the deposition of calcium through a kind of piezo electric mechanism. so vibrations can be used to simulate an effect of gravity, but I never came across gravity described as a vibration before.

milo

Good Answers: 1
In reply to #2

05/05/2008 10:09 AM

Sorry for the delay

Here are some sources there are many more but unto list right now.

www.springerlink.com/index/T8748755L271HW65.pdf

www.fasebj.org/cgi/content/full/20/7/858

www.websciences.org/cftemplate/NAPS/archives/indiv.cfm?ID=20047927

what is you opinion?

In reply to #8

05/05/2008 10:40 AM

Good morning Symvoulos CT.

THose references investigate vibration, not "planetary vibration."

The use of vibration as a possible proxy for the effects of gravity was mentioned in my last post:

"To be fair, in order to prevent decalcification in astronauts bones during extreme flights, vibration has been suggested as a means to stimulate the deposition of calcium through a kind of piezo electric mechanism. so vibrations can be used to simulate an effect of gravity, but I never came across gravity described as a vibration before."

This not some planetary vibration / "ringing of the spheres" effect.

The http://www.fasebj.org/cgi/content/full/20/7/858 link exactly investigates the mechanism of the vibrational bone stimulus mechanism I had in mind. The snoring investigation similarly shows that vibration causes cellular changes.

None of these establish the original premise, that absence from "planetary vibration" is somehow problematic. Growing in microgravity, and development under the vibratory environment of space flight (were it shown to be so) are both valid questions.

Best regards.

milo

Popular Science - Biology - New Member Hobbies - Musician - New Member APIX Pilot Plant Design Project - Member - New Member Hobbies - CNC - New Member Fans of Old Computers - ZX-81 - New Member

Good Answers: 97

05/05/2008 2:29 AM

No

We still have places to pollute on earth. Why go and waste our precious bad efforts on another planet?

Engineering Fields - Environmental Engineering - New Member APIX Pilot Plant Design Project - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 101
In reply to #3

05/05/2008 2:35 AM

"We still have places to pollute on earth. Why go and waste our efforts on another planet."

Because that's what makes us human. Just like a child who complains that he has nothing to play with despite being surrounded by thousands of dollars worth of toys, or a young woman who complains that she has absolutely nothing to wear despite having enough clothes to fit the entire population of a small city, nothing is ever enough for us humans. We always want more, and that includes destroying planets that don't belong to us, simply because we feel bored that we're not destroying our own planet enough.

In reply to #4

05/05/2008 9:45 AM

They don't belong to us?

I got passed by a CADILLAC ESCALADE a couple of years ago on the freeway that had two bumper stickers on it. Must have been going 80. One was EARTH FIRST! and the other was for GWBUSH. A very strange combination.

Unable to contain my curiosity at the combo I got close enough to read the small print on the EARTH FIRST sticker.

The fine print said, "The other planets will have to wait their turn."

milo

United Kingdom - Member - Olde Member!! Engineering Fields - Instrumentation Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 45
In reply to #7

05/05/2008 3:06 PM

ROFLMAO @ bumper sticker and at you doing 80 mph trying to read it Milo!!!

John.

In reply to #10

05/05/2008 3:20 PM

Glad to "MAKE YOUR DAY"

milo

Engineering Fields - Environmental Engineering - New Member APIX Pilot Plant Design Project - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 101
In reply to #7

05/05/2008 9:13 PM

"Unable to contain my curiosity at the combo I got close enough to read the small print on the EARTH FIRST sticker.

The fine print said, "The other planets will have to wait their turn.""

I guess that explains it all.....

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (1); DVader1000 (2); Electroman (1); Hendrik (1); JE in Chicago (1); Milo (5); symvoulos_CT (1)

Previous in Forum: Can water from other planets compensate for our water footprints?   Next in Forum: Throwing a Little More Fuel on the Pyre...
You might be interested in: Fuel Cells, Photovoltaic Cells, Cell Processors

Advertisement