Close
Close
4 comments
Anonymous Poster

biomechanic of cancer cells

08/17/2008 12:09 PM

I Want to know some things about biomechanic of cancer . plz

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Good Answers: 37

Re: biomechanic of cancer cells

08/17/2008 12:35 PM

Better to use Google or Yahoo search engines. We may be engineers but not in DNA, RNA or medicine.

Good Answers: 143

08/17/2008 7:50 PM

I think your question is not well stated. I think you are perhaps looking for biomechanics of cancer cells.

Try this for some background

http://sureshgroup.mit.edu/papers/2007_Acta_Bio_Cancer_S.Suresh.pdf

09/03/2008 2:29 PM

Typically biomechanics refers to interactions of organs and tissue systems--not as a tissue characteristic or property. Furthermore, cancer is genre of pathological growths. For a meaningful conversation on the biomechanics of cancer it would be necessary to know what tissue was being affected by the cancer, what type of cancer, and the surrounding organs/tissues that it could be interacting with.

I am a bio-engineering student with a double major in biology working at a medical device company. I work with another bio-engineer - and know many more. So trust there are probably others with more depth of insight on biomechanical properties of various cancers in this forum.

It would help if you were more specific with what you are asking. What type of cancer, where, what stage, etc. Big picture, what is it that you are looking for--if you can say? What are you trying to do?

For tissue characteristics, I would go to a histopahologist or an oncologist--they probably know a lot more resources you could tap into.

Guru
New Zealand - Member - Interested in everything- see my Profile please APIX Pilot Plant Design Project - Member - Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Member Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - Member Engineering Fields - Civil Engineering - Member Hobbies - Musician - Autoharp and Harmonica Hobbies - Hunting - Member Hobbies - Fishing - Member

Location: Christchurch, (The Garden City), South Island, New Zealand
Good Answers: 229

09/04/2008 10:50 PM

Hello "Guest",

Generally speaking, Cancer cells work on the fermentation principle, not oxidation as in the manner of a healthy cell.

There are many different body sites for Cancer, and in many of these sites the Cancer works differently.

As you have been advised above, the best method is to locate information via a Search Engine.

Meanwhile, refer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cancer

On that Wikipedia webpage, read all the associated hyperlinked pages, and your knowledge level of Cancer should greatly increase.

Kind Regards....

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

charsley99 (1); Sparkstation (1); Spud Nick (1); TVP45 (1)

Previous in Forum: Vacuum Piping Sizing   Next in Forum: artist inventer
You might be interested in: Photovoltaic Cells, Fuel Cells, Load Cells

Advertisement