Previous in Forum: LED Dimming   Next in Forum: Measurement of moisture and temperature of tea leaf grains
Close
Close
Close
The Feature Creep

Microsoft's Home of the Future

10/24/2006 2:08 PM

MSN has an interesting article on "Grace" Microsoft's version of the home of the future. It makes for an interesting read. Not sure if they are going to replace all posters with projectors, but I think the concept of having a project in my kitchen that puts recipes on the counter top would be a big help for me, and keep me wife from killing me when I much up the 3x5 index cards that her grandma gave her.

All in all it is plausible. Personally I'm more likely to zap the RFID tags that they are claiming will be in ever item. I'd rather not have ever reader withing scanning range know what brand of undies I'm wearing and how old their are. The argument that it will make doing laundry easier is bogus. I'm not the best at doing chores but even I haven't put a red sock in with the whites in close to a decade.

Also I don't like the thought of a house raising my kids. If they leave a toy our I'd rather tell them no TV until they clean it up rather than have the house act as the enforcer.

And if I'm reading a story to my little ones I am more than capable of making my own telephone noises thank you.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: LED Dimming   Next in Forum: Measurement of moisture and temperature of tea leaf grains

Advertisement