Previous in Forum: 250cc Motorcycles   Next in Forum: E15 Engine
Close
Close
Close
Power-User
United States - Member - New Member Engineering Fields - Biomedical Engineering - Biology, the most elegant Engineering Popular Science - Biology - New Member

Good Answers: 3

Hemmings/Saratoga Auto Museum Auto Show

08/10/2009 12:19 PM

I attended the Hemmings and Saratoga Auto Museum auto show on Saturday, August 8, 2009 in Saratoga State Park. It was a beautiful day with hundreds of cars of all types. My wishful thinking is to buy a classic car so I was checking them all out. One of the nicest cars at the show was this MG TF which was very clean! The owner had modified the engine internally to get more horsepower out of it so it would cruise at highway speeds comfortably but other than that it looked all original and in completely restored condition. There were quite a few MG's there, mostly the TF's. There were also a few Ferrari 308's like this red one, but those are a little out of my price range. You may notice I apparently like red convertibles but I've have a convertible and find that under 45 MPH in nice weather they are nice but I personally don't like the wind buffeting and noise you get at higher speeds or in the middle of city traffic. So we, which is to say my wife (yes she wants to buy a classic car to cruise around in too so it's not just a guy thing) and I are looking for a hardtop. So I think we've narrowed it down to a Porsche like this old 1964 356C

or a Datsun 240Z to 280Z like this.

So what do you think? The Porsche is much more the classic collectors' car and has the panache but the Z-cars are probably more affordable and easier to repair. Are there other cars we should be looking at? I have a lot more pictures which I'll write about and show later because I'm off to move my daughter into a new apartment at college.

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: 250cc Motorcycles   Next in Forum: E15 Engine

Advertisement