Previous in Forum: How to calculate the rating of coupling capacitor?   Next in Forum: power factror is very less(0.3)
Close
Close
Close
Power-User

Good Answers: 5

100 % Yield laminations for FL & CFL s

03/06/2010 3:43 AM
  • Punched laminations are used for making electromagnetic chokes / transformers.
  • The suggested laminations are specifically targeted at making electro-magnetic chokes with air-gap for Linear and compact fluorescent lamps.
  • People have been using E-I laminations, FF laminations from scrap, U-T and U-I laminations for many decades.
  • Most of these laminations like E-I, UT have a yield of about 72 to 85% or so due design and punching constraints.
  • This results in wastage and scrap. People do sell scrap to offset losses to soe extent.
  • However 100% (or say 96%) yield .is a dream design.
  • Here are some sample approaches.
  • It not only saves steel for the world as a whole, it reduces carbon foot print too and thus reduces environmental degradation.
  • Obviously it reduces overall cost and gives competitive advantage to those who adopt this over those who continue to use traditionally old designs.
  • Kindly use following link to take a look at the drawings.
  • This thread has been posted more for benefit of the world as a whole & for information only.
  • If anyone has difficulty in punching and manufacturability, you are welcome to seek clarifications.
  • If you like it and benefit from it, tell your friends.
  • May be the administrators found that the drawings were taking too much web space and so only a link is provided.

http://cr4.globalspec.com/thread/51209

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: How to calculate the rating of coupling capacitor?   Next in Forum: power factror is very less(0.3)

Advertisement