Previous in Forum: Asbestos removal from water pipes   Next in Forum: Using high-altitude winds to create power
Close
Close
Close
Friend of CR4

Good Answers: 35

Project Gutenburg and the popularity of Da Vinci

04/06/2005 8:58 AM

Periodically, I check into Project Gutenburg to see what "new" books have been added and was surprised to note that the most popular download of the past week was The Notebooks of Leonardo Da Vinci — Complete by Leonardo da Vinci. What are people looking for? While its probably related to the Da Vinci Codes, especially with the passing of Pope John Paul II, I'm happy to see people looking into the ideas of this extraordinary man. I'm not sure how much they'll help to decipher Dan Brown's books, but these translations of the notebooks are humorous and unexpectedly poetic covering diverse topics such as the nature of men, alchemy, creativity, spirits and spirituality. I suggest you check it out, after all, it's free.

For those unfamiliar with Project Gutenburg, it is truly worth a visit, and many returns. Project Gutenburg (in their own words) is "the oldest producer of free electronic books (eBooks or etexts) on the Internet. Our collection of more than 15.000 eBooks was produced by hundreds of volunteers. Most of the Project Gutenberg eBooks are older literary works that are in the public domain in the United States. All may be freely downloaded and read, and redistributed for non-commercial use (for complete details, see the license page)."

You won't find Steven King or Tom Clancy's work there, as they haven't passed into the public domain yet, but you will find Shakespeare, H.G. Wells, Arthur Conan Doyle, Mark Twain, etc.

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: Asbestos removal from water pipes   Next in Forum: Using high-altitude winds to create power

Advertisement