Previous in Forum: Energy Conservation By Star Connection   Next in Forum: What Would Be the Fault Clearing Time of a Motor (415V)
Close
Close
Close
7 comments
Participant

Miniature Tungsten Halogen Lamps

11/18/2012 7:14 PM

Hello All,

I am having great trouble finding some lamps for a densitometer.

The lamps are 8mm long with a diameter of 5mm. they have a dome head allowing for a light distribution of 45 degrees. they are 12vdc supply and rate at 2856 kelvin.

Can anyone help please?

Cheers

Chris

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Engineering Fields - Optical Engineering - Member Engineering Fields - Engineering Physics - Member Engineering Fields - Systems Engineering - Member

Good Answers: 646

Re: Miniature Tungesten Halogen Lamps

11/18/2012 7:50 PM

You might try googling Wamco / Oshino Lamps or Chicago Minature Lamps. They used to carry miniature lamps similar to the ones you want.

Good Answers: 102

Re: Miniature Tungesten Halogen Lamps

11/18/2012 7:52 PM

Like this one? This is an X-Rite P/N 310-60. Try Google, maybe eBay, maybe X-Rite.

Register to Reply
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 180

Re: Miniature Tungsten Halogen Lamps

11/18/2012 8:50 PM

Can't the manufacturer of the equipment supply the correct lamp? OEM spares should be used if you don't want to affect the calibration.

United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain. Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 819
In reply to #3

11/19/2012 5:28 AM

...or the warranty...

Hobbies - Fishing - Old Salt Hobbies - CNC - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member

Good Answers: 266

11/19/2012 7:11 AM

Try here as you didn't list what base is on it.

http://www.donsbulbs.com/cgi-bin/r/t.pl

Good Answers: 59

11/19/2012 11:10 PM

I used Osram made lamps for various, similar purpose. The life expectacy of the bulb is very sensitive to the voltage feeding it. It needs to be stabilized to give longer life and constant temperature.

Osram is a German / Belgian / Holland maker of many components. Google: Osram bulb guide. Buy a few spares too, and store them inside the instrument.

Register to Reply
Active Contributor

Good Answers: 2

11/19/2012 11:29 PM

Just yesterday I replaced some tungsten halogen lamps just like that. They are my low voltage landscaping lights. Went to my local HomeDepot store, $7 for a pack of 2. If you need the 2 pin push in style, they may just work for your application. They are exactly 8mm long by 5mm dia. I dont have the package to confirm the temp rating though.

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 7 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

bigg (1); Drew85205 (1); leveles (1); ozzb (1); PWSlack (1); TonyS (1); Usbport (1)

Previous in Forum: Energy Conservation By Star Connection   Next in Forum: What Would Be the Fault Clearing Time of a Motor (415V)

Advertisement