Previous in Forum: Pressure Transducers Output Check Up.   Next in Forum: LG Programmable Controller (Master K10s)
Close
Close
Close
3 comments

Paint Color for Fail Safe Type Control Valve Actuator

12/26/2012 1:55 AM

We all know that there are three different fail safe (FO, FC & FL) actuators used with control valve depending on process requirements. So, I need your opinion for my following queries.

1. Is it necessary to have different valve actuator paint color based on fail safe condition?
  2. If it required, then let me know the purpose of different paint color and the specific standards or guideline or client requirements for the same.

Thanks in Advance

Register to Reply
Pathfinder Tags: actuator control valve
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Good Answers: 34

Re: Paint color for fail safe type control valve actuator

12/26/2012 2:16 AM
Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 1666
In reply to #1

Re: Paint color for fail safe type control valve actuator

12/26/2012 1:03 PM

The valve should be the same color as the pipe.

Register to Reply
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain. Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 822

Re: Paint Color for Fail Safe Type Control Valve Actuator

01/02/2013 8:17 AM

Provided the valve has been set-up as required, the set-up agrees with the as-built P&ID, there is a reliable test record and the P&ID has passed through a HazOp Study, the colour of the paint will make no difference whatsoever.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Joshi (1); lyn (1); PWSlack (1)

Previous in Forum: Pressure Transducers Output Check Up.   Next in Forum: LG Programmable Controller (Master K10s)

Advertisement