Previous in Forum: Retention Pond Pumps   Next in Forum: Smaller Concrete Columns
Close
Close
Close
6 comments
Active Contributor

Suspended ceiling metal clip

07/29/2007 5:49 PM

I am having a tough time in finding a metal clip to be used to resist a force of 256 lbs. The metal clip will be fastened to a 16 gauge metal purlin and a 12 gauge wire will be fastened to the metal clip. I know the screw will resist the force, but who manufacturers the metal clip?

Thanks

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Active Contributor

Re: Suspended ceiling metal clip

07/31/2007 12:01 AM

Not quite sure what you mean by "clip" - are you looking for one that allows you to fasten & unfasten the load easily?

I'm not a mech engineer, so don't have alot of industry knowledge here, but if all else fails, try boating supplies - boats (esp yachts) use a wide range of high tensile quick release clips suitable for use with steel lanyards, etc....you could also try suppliers of mountain climbing equipment.

Register to Reply
Participant

07/31/2007 1:23 AM

Try looking up "scissor clip" made by "minerallic" #scx-1 . These clips are generally used in studio lighting and supplied by Mathews Studio Equipment Inc.

I have one of these clips, but it is not load rated, regards :-) Gary Misseghers

Register to Reply
Guru
Engineering Fields - Manufacturing Engineering - United Kingdom - Member - Get things done!

Good Answers: 3

07/31/2007 3:02 AM

Has it got to look pretty? If not, get a load rated shackel.

07/31/2007 10:36 AM

I'm not clear if you're hanging items from the underside of a roof purlin, or from the side of a wall purlin. However, we use plenty of speciality screws to fasten items to purlins from the underside. One such screw has a hex exterior about halfway down so a screw gun can install it in the purlin. It has a threaded hole drilled at right angles to the main axis for bolts, #12 wire, etc.

Register to Reply
Power-User

08/02/2007 6:28 PM

Try a hammer on Caddy clip manufactured by Erico www.erico.com. I am not sure of load ratings but they have different models. They are impossible to remove though.

Register to Reply
Active Contributor

In reply to #5

08/03/2007 6:12 PM

Thanks everyone. I found one. It is a Caddy fastener. It was ultimately called a bracket.

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 6 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (1); Gary Misseghers (1); Growsey (1); KoBender (1); PlbMak (1); roadapple (1)

Previous in Forum: Retention Pond Pumps   Next in Forum: Smaller Concrete Columns

Advertisement