Previous in Forum: Probability Help   Next in Forum: Caption This! Quick Thinking
Close
Close
Close
4 comments

Off Grid Options

05/26/2021 10:15 PM

Anyone here familiar with the off grid solar products this company produces? I learned about these products through globalspec adverts years ago and have been passively watching their product development. I would love to hear what the community thinks. I hope this link works properly. Thanks in advance.

http://www.strutchannelfittings.com/THK-PV-SHELTER-KIT-A-H-SOLAR-BUILDING-WATERPROOF-41KWp-SOLAR-CRYSTALINE-MODULES-134KWh-BATTERY-BACKUP-OFF-GRID-4-SEASONS-HOT-WATER-SYSTEM-QUALITY-WOOD-CONSTRUCTION_p_1197.html

Login to Reply
Pathfinder Tags: off grid solar sustainable
Interested in this discussion?
You can "subscribe" to this discussion to be notified of new comments.
Click on the Subscribe menu at the top of the page.
Guru

Good Answers: 1665

Re: Off grid options

05/26/2021 11:13 PM

In reply to #1

05/28/2021 1:45 PM

RVs will not be practical in my circumstances. My situation is changing due to the pandemic and I am losing my job of many years. At my age my career is basically over, its been a good run and too bad it has to end early. I will not be searching for a new job where I have to start at the bottom again. As far as these structures are concerned I am more interested in the electronics rather than the size of the building. This company will provide a custom solution, the house is not a requirement. Right now I am just exploring options. In a few months I will be in an area where the sun is directly overhead with little seasonal variation, power grid reliability is questionable. Regards.

Login to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 1665
In reply to #2

05/28/2021 3:33 PM

Good Answers: 4

Re: Off Grid Options

05/31/2021 12:50 AM

I believe they have solar panels and inverter/battery wall modules now, for a lot less than 28,000 dollars. One could purchase several for redundancy. Practically turn key solution. How long is the power out? Does it rain a lot? How do other wood structures hold up where you are going? Are stone, rock and block available? Local building codes?

One axis tracking should improve efficiency for full time use in the future.

Is it dry there? Passive cooling and evaporation can help there.

Not sure how far you want to go off grid. It has been found that microscopic glass beads mixed with paint or in a film, can reduce the surface temperature of a structure 10 degrees below ambient air. This is being further tuned and possibly a 20 degree difference might be possible. This will give you a huge reduction in cooling cost with no energy input and no moving parts.

Perhaps your just looking for grid backup.

Interested in this discussion?
You can "subscribe" to this discussion to be notified of new comments.
Click on the Subscribe menu at the top of the page.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

FireAnt (1); Haymaker (1); SolarEagle (2)

Previous in Forum: Probability Help   Next in Forum: Caption This! Quick Thinking

Advertisement