Previous in Forum: AI Can't Tell Same from Different   Next in Forum: Missing Icons Win 10
Close
Close
Close
4 comments

Concept for Software Program Development

07/03/2021 1:50 AM

Hallo,

I have cut to length machine.

Equipped with multiple no of tools. (4 punching stations & 1 shear).

Servo motor used for feeding (only in forward direction) the metal sheet under punching stations & shear.

I know the actual distances between all the tools. For example punching station 1 to punching station 2 = 362mm.

Every production batch have different cut length value, different number of holes, different value between hole to hole center.

Due to condition of ONLY FORWARD FEEDING, i am not able to find such concept of mathematical calculations in order to decide nearest tool where servo shall stop for tool operation (means for making actual punch & shear) to execute. Because if this basic concept is clear in mind of software developer. Then only programming can be done.

Here i decided to use ST (structured text) language for my Motion-PLC programming. Complex mathematical calculations are easily possible in ST. As far as i know servo motor with encoder feedback shall do positioning in Relative mode.

Please suggest basic concept for programming.

Warm regards..

Login to Reply
Interested in this discussion?
You can "subscribe" to this discussion to be notified of new comments.
Click on the Subscribe menu at the top of the page.
Guru

Good Answers: 1683

Re: Concept for software program development

07/03/2021 3:19 AM

Australia - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 250

07/04/2021 7:01 AM

It sounds like you might need to look from another "angle" at your challenge.

What you need to know is the distance of each punch relative to the cut-off shear AND the distances you want the holes or deformations to be from the end of the produced unit.

This will then enable you to determine the action sequence for the punches and shear as your stock progresses through the device. With single direction feed, you only get one opportunity to punch the stock at the right places as it passes along and those places are relative to the shear.

You might also need to consider your parts to be coming through "end first" rather than "front first".

Good luck.

In reply to #2

07/05/2021 7:30 AM

Yes, I know the actual distances between each punch & shear too.

My concern is, how do i calculate ( i mean mathematical formula) feeding positions for servo drive & after completing the feeding how shall i decide to operate that only required punch station to make hole.

Login to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 1683
In reply to #3

07/05/2021 3:12 PM

Generally you have a software program that runs the machine and you just punch in values for the piece you want to produce...you have to know the type of machine it is and its capabilities...

https://www.thefabricator.com/thefabricator/article/punching/forming-on-the-modern-punch-press-sheet-metal-fabrication-s-swiss-army-knife

You need to locate the manual and setup guide that comes with the machine, and it's best to have someone familiar with how the machine works to show you how it works for how ever many times as it takes you to learn...

https://www.metalix.net/products/cnckad/automatic-punching/

Interested in this discussion?
You can "subscribe" to this discussion to be notified of new comments.
Click on the Subscribe menu at the top of the page.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Just an Engineer (1); satishmalge (1); SolarEagle (2)

Previous in Forum: AI Can't Tell Same from Different   Next in Forum: Missing Icons Win 10

Advertisement