Previous in Forum: Selection of an Encoder Signal Amplifier   Next in Forum: What are Hot and Cold State of Thermal Overload Relays
Close
Close
Close
5 comments
Active Contributor

Portable Hybrid Power Plant Safe Room

09/02/2021 9:09 AM

DRD Enterprises inc of Davie is seeking a hybrid system to install into 8 ton concrete tornado proof domes to create a portable off gird power plant & safe room to take homes off the grid. YOU know how contact me www.safedomes.com

You can "subscribe" to this discussion to be notified of new comments.
Click on the Subscribe menu at the top of the page.
Guru

Good Answers: 1665

Re: Portable hybrid power plant safe room

09/02/2021 1:51 PM

Probably around $20k to $40k cost and you probably still have to be connected to the grid by local code...Depends on how reliable you want the system to be, and how much juice you require...

In reply to #1

09/02/2021 2:09 PM

Correct using todays base line but once waterproofing foam insulation is applied to the exterior of dwellings the energy use drops by 70% no heat vapor or moisture touches the structure NOW what will the price be and KW needed? ONLY by change can the future be reached. Offering quonset hut Florida homes exterior foam insulation

In reply to #2

09/02/2021 4:28 PM

You need to calculate energy usage by heat load and other appliance requirements...and you still need fresh air intake into the structure...Once you have calculated the electricity(kwh) required, you then need to size the system and decide what alternative generation system you are going to use...Then you will likely require an architect to draw up the plans and you need code enforcement approval so you can pull permits and have inspections....I would recommend a diesel generator that was storm protected....you might include some solar panels for auxiliary power, but these can't be counted on after a storm, as the panels will likely be destroyed...Foam on the exterior is likely to be damaged in a storm, so I would plan on insulating from the interior, and very important to check for any off-gassing that might be a problem...I would shoot for R-70...but would want at least R-40...

I would use a concrete sealer on the exterior, several coats, and cool seal white roof paint over that...I would also have several solar tubes for lighting assist...

In reply to #3

09/02/2021 4:49 PM

I would mention that diesel should not be stored longer than 12 months with proper treatment, so depending on low maintenance preferences you might go with LPG fueled generator because LPG can be stored indefinitely...

Good Answers: 240

Re: Portable Hybrid Power Plant Safe Room

09/06/2021 10:44 AM

Before you can calculate an emergency power supply,you must calculate your

maximum load,including lighting,heat/cool,ventilation.cooking ,refrigeration

appliances,washer,dryer.

Heating must be calculated at 125% of actual KW,if using electric heat.

After that,you should add 25% for demand loading,like motor starting,etc.

If near the coast,you should also consider the maximum storm surge level when

choosing a location.

Interested in this discussion?
You can "subscribe" to this discussion to be notified of new comments.
Click on the Subscribe menu at the top of the page.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

buck3647 (1); HiTekRedNek (1); SolarEagle (3)

Previous in Forum: Selection of an Encoder Signal Amplifier   Next in Forum: What are Hot and Cold State of Thermal Overload Relays

Advertisement