Previous in Forum: Should the Space Shuttle Fly?   Next in Forum: How NASA and Star City have it wrong
Close
Close
Close
Power-User
United Kingdom - Member - New Member Hobbies - Model Rocketry - New Member

Good Answers: 3

The Next Generation of Space Shuttles

06/23/2006 3:40 PM

Here's a really good article about the six companies vying to be the producer of the next generation of Space Shuttles. All six are involved in a $500 million (USD) design competition sponsored by NASA. Some like SpaceX are no surprise, but most, I've never heard of. It'll be interesting to follow the competition - I think it's in August (the article doesn't say).

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Engineering Fields - Aerospace Engineering - Retired South Africa - Member - The Rainbow-nation Engineering Fields - Engineering Physics - Relativity & Cosmology Popular Science - Cosmology - The Big Picture!

Good Answers: 68

Re:The Next Generation of Space Shuttles

06/25/2006 9:06 AM

Great move by NASA. The "go back to the Moon and then on to Mars" directive binds them a bit. Private companies have more modest directives and might just succeed with an ISS re-supply ship with space tourism paying part of the bill.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: Should the Space Shuttle Fly?   Next in Forum: How NASA and Star City have it wrong

Advertisement