Previous in Forum: Plastics with memory   Next in Forum: Ratings Classifications
Close
Close
Close
10 comments
Participant

Refrigerator Help

05/15/2008 4:58 AM

Dear All,

This is my first posting.I want some clarification from you people.I have bought one double door refrigerator in that lower portion of the fridge,body heat of the fridge is transfer to the rubber sealing of the inner portion.this is a usual one or need to contact the service person.

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".
Guru

Good Answers: 37

Re: Refrigerator Help

05/15/2008 9:29 AM

Contact your service rep or check your manual.

However, I have a Industrial Freezer in my basement which has a "warming Element" on the door seal to keep it from freezing shut. It's about 20 years old and I've never had a problem.

Power-User

Good Answers: 6

05/15/2008 11:29 PM

If i understand you correctly , you are noticing a warmth around the sealing sufaces of the doors . This warmth is caused by built in heaters called " mullion heaters " which keep the sealing area of the doors from frosting or condensing due to air leakeag or the constant opening and closing of the doors . All refrigerators are equipped with these . If a mullion heater fails you would notice either a frost build up or condensate around the affected area of the door seal .

Also , dont be alarmed if you hear water dripping at the bottom of your refrigerator , this is another heater that melts the daily accumulated frost from the evaporater coils and is normal .

Enjoy your new fridge.

In reply to #2

05/15/2008 11:39 PM

Thanks for your suggestion.I dont know fully about refrigerator,it made me doubt why the body heat is transfered to the inside rubber sealing of the fridge.we are also not opening freqently the doors.

Register to Reply
Power-User

Good Answers: 6
In reply to #3

05/16/2008 12:38 AM

Alexander : I have been an appliance repair tech. for many years and offer my help not as suggestions but as answeres to your questions .

Most families open and close a fridge door many times a day etc. and these appliances are designed to cope with this .

Dont worry , be happy.

Enjoy your new fridge .

In reply to #4

05/16/2008 8:51 AM

Ha HaaaaaaH! I knewed there are mullins heaters there Haa Haahee. I now feel a lot better myself since some time ago someone else that it was a contractor back then argue me that there's no mullions heaters there Haa Haa heeee.. Catch it done completed.. Haahaahee Oh yes there are mullions heaters there but I guess probably he just was trying fool me out I guess. By the way he's out of business as far as they told me later no wonder.

See refris and fridgis had to use it in order to control exccess moisture all over and they also take advantage of the hot liquid line as well all around the doors frames in order to warm it up too. Any how check out condenser in case there are some obstruction for air flow or dirty conditions at it. If new then no dirt has be there anyhow but keep some little couples inches apart from the wall to allow some good air flow accross condenser area. Allset that's all folks. You have the technology,hahaaaheee.

Crank that puppy up...

MC

Register to Reply
Anonymous Poster
In reply to #5

05/17/2008 2:36 AM

This is the attitude we need ,,,,,,,I love this

Crank that puppy up...

MC fool me out I guess

this is the HOLY way you are strong,in your mind,pal

I wish to be a puppy,after some one kill my fragile structure,many enemy but you are not a type of actor,this is GENUINE,

Register to Reply
Power-User

In reply to #8

05/18/2008 9:35 PM

Hejajehee..

Cool deal thank's buddys seing you too keep it up and is nice for anyone have some off the hook stressing out talk once in a while. I do enjoy hanging around CR-4 because is like going to a "Technological Themes Mall" always some great gadgets to check it out buddys, jajahehe aahha.. another cool idea rigth here for some kind of big guys entreprenuers to develop. I'm telling ya' Who Knows? Great Deal for this community.

Allset buddys you have the technology, let go for it. You know is awesone how this cools technologys stuffs are moving all over the world. But again the trick part as many others nice things in life is to have the access to it. --Bottom line-- to make a story short is 'No Money No Honey' Deeaannmmmn... But don't get me wrong money is not everything always but I will give one shot to lotto once in a blue moon just for the heck in case 'No ticket No Laundry' like the 'Sponge Bob Cartoons' Unbeliavable Puppys. I'll check out with you all later then and " Crank it Up " Oooh Booyyy....

Mall Time Now-Yeahh Sure,

MC

Register to Reply

In reply to #2

05/16/2008 9:37 AM

I agree on your answer Machine Head,

it is correct........

Register to Reply
Power-User

Good Answers: 5

05/17/2008 12:36 AM

I believe this heating element around the freezer door is called a yoder loop in Whirlpool and GE refrigerators.

Register to Reply
Power-User

In reply to #7

05/18/2008 8:51 PM

Whaaatt?? Yodel Adel heaters? that really sounds funny too. I'll have to keep on reading all these cool stuff here further then, you did catch me rigth there now definetly.

Now soon eventually we can even have some solar energy to some how run the refris too so down the road we'll be almost runing a whole bunch of stuff on solar, I guess..Hehehaha..CR-4 is great always something to catch on here this is my favorite corner so far good stuff here always agree. OK pal's take it easy and hang in there tomorrow will be better with LORD help around, I'll Bet...

Refri Time..

MC

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 10 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

adeeb (1); Alexander Rajan (1); Anonymous Poster (1); charsley99 (1); machine head (2); magwer (3); OlympiaWA (1)

Previous in Forum: Plastics with memory   Next in Forum: Ratings Classifications
You might be interested in: Sealing Machines, Self-sealing Fasteners

Advertisement