Previous in Forum: ECG Simulator   Next in Forum: welding defects
Close
Close
Close
2 comments
Participant

Hernia

06/06/2008 11:01 AM

What are the existing and potential effects of an untreated and sometimes painful hernia in a man, recently age 59, who is about 25 pounds overweight, considerably stressed and regularly physically active(hiking, skiing, biking, dancing)? I don't know the duration of his condition.

Register to Reply
Pathfinder Tags: untreated hernia
This discussion was "closed" on 06/06/2008 11:51 AM. No new comments are allowed.
Message from admins:
Please seek advice from a medical professional.
Guru
Popular Science - Evolution - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member

Good Answers: 918

Re: Portia Arthur

06/06/2008 11:47 AM

I don't have my MD, so I would highly recommend consulting a doctor, but in part it will depend on where that hernia is. One of the big problems with an untreated hernia is to potential for becoming strangulated. That could become deadly serious affair.

My recommendation is to have the individual seek professional advice from a doctor on the condition and follow that advice.

Register to Reply
Friend of CR4

Good Answers: 35

Re: Portia Arthur

06/06/2008 11:50 AM

I agree with Anonymous Hero. This is a site focused around engineers and technical professionals. While some of us may have experience with hernias, we are not medical professionals. You really should check with a doctor about this.

This discussion was "closed" on 06/06/2008 11:51 AM. No new comments are allowed.
Message from admins:
Please seek advice from a medical professional.

Previous in Forum: ECG Simulator   Next in Forum: welding defects

Advertisement