Previous in Forum: Marble Stone problem   Next in Forum: bulk density of 3/4 stone
Close
Close
Close
2 comments
Power-User
Engineering Fields - Agricultural Engineering - Agricultural Mechanization Technical Fields - Technical Writing - Translator Technical Fields - Education - Fluid Power Uruguay - Member - Born and raised.

Good Answers: 3

building a hopper for (grain) truck unloading

07/28/2008 2:58 PM

Hi

I need the construction specifications and drawings to know how to build a hopper for truck unloading.

I am not even sure of how it is called in English. In Uruguay and Argentina we call it 'chancho'. In Brazil it is called 'moega de descarga'.

This thing is a hole in the ground where the trucks throw the grain, and there a screw conveyor or some other equipment takes the grain up for storage or processing.

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Good Answers: 63

Re: building a hopper for (grain) truck unloading

07/29/2008 4:14 PM

Hmm, Engineers usually get paid to design such things, so I suspect they won't readily supply their own proprietary work products for free.

Register to Reply
Power-User
Engineering Fields - Agricultural Engineering - Agricultural Mechanization Technical Fields - Technical Writing - Translator Technical Fields - Education - Fluid Power Uruguay - Member - Born and raised.

Good Answers: 3

Re: building a hopper for (grain) truck unloading

08/22/2008 9:55 PM

For the colleagues. I recently found out this.

The receiving hopper must be 4200 x 6000 mm at the top, and have a slope to the bottom of 38ยบ. You may add a straight wall to increase the capacity.

It is made using the technology that is usual for swimming pools. You might use concrete, bricks and even prefabricated parts.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: Marble Stone problem   Next in Forum: bulk density of 3/4 stone
You might be interested in: Conveyor Controls and Monitors, Conveyor Rollers

Advertisement