Previous in Forum: Olympics Highlight - 50M Shooting Program   Next in Forum: Pneumatic Power
Close
Close
Close
8 comments
Active Contributor

Still on HHO...

08/17/2008 11:43 AM

When configuring the plates for an HHO generator, what is the formula that can be used to determine the square inches of plate area for a desired volumn at some current level?

--Duck

Register to Reply
Pathfinder Tags: hho
This discussion was "closed" on 08/17/2008 10:11 PM. No new comments are allowed.
Message from admins:
The HHO scam has been widely discussed on CR4. Until HHO is verified by a legitimate, independent testing body, all discussions on this scam will be closed.
Guru

Good Answers: 13

Re: Still on HHO...

08/17/2008 1:45 PM

infinite plates per cc, because there is no such thing as HHO, it doesn't exist, it the same as pixie dust.

Register to Reply
Active Contributor

In reply to #1

08/17/2008 3:53 PM

Sir...

The is not gas labeled HHO. You are correct.

How would you refer to the combined gas mixture resulting from the application of positive and negative current to water? Pixie dust?

--Duck

Register to Reply
Commentator
Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 8
In reply to #2

08/17/2008 6:17 PM

Most of us would refer to it as oxygen (O2) and hydrogen (H2).

I believe Vicini's comment was regarding the proposed use of said gas mixture as well as the fact that the scam machine would have us all believe in a magical concoction of two monatomic hydrogens and a monatomic oxygen that will solve the world's energy crisis and deliver us all from certain doom.

In reply to #3

08/17/2008 6:58 PM

Mark,

Do you have any first hand experience with this SCAM or is it conjecture based on observation and scientific reasoning?

--Duck

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 13
In reply to #4

08/17/2008 8:55 PM

first hand. I make H2 via electrolysis for a living in the chlor alkali industry.

Go to popular mechanics, they busted the myth too. Two people have gone to prison and this site will now shut this thread down because its a scam.

good bye

Register to Reply
Commentator
Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 8
In reply to #4

08/17/2008 8:59 PM

First-hand experience? Well . . . no, I don't. Nor do I have experience free-falling from the top of the Sears tower without a parachute, but I possess enough knowledge to realize that there will be no favorable results.

The only people who refer to this type of device as "HHO generator" are scam artists and those who want to believe in the scam. I've recently had people try to convince me that it is true and the "technology" is only just now coming to light because it was suppressed by government, big oil, space aliens, rabid squirrels . . . whatever. The process of electrolysis has been very well known for (I think) almost 200 years. We know electrolysis works. It's just the rest of it that is bunk.

Do you have any experience with chemistry, the laws of physics, or the laws of thermodynamics? The laws of science tell us that what you are proposing is impossible--if, as I assume, you are trying to use electrolysis to produce a viable fuel source.

Engineering Fields - Environmental Engineering - New Member APIX Pilot Plant Design Project - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 101
In reply to #4

08/17/2008 9:23 PM

I conduct extensive research into electrocoagulation, essentially, the use of electrolysis to treat wastewater. The water-for-gas bullshit is exactly that: bullshit. The amount of hydrogen gas produced is very small for the energy you spend on it. Hint: for every 18kg of water, you can recover only 2kg of atomic hydrogen, and that is based on a 100% conversion efficiency. This means that for a 54 liter fuel tank, you can recover 6kg of hydrogen gas at best.

Good Answers: 143
In reply to #3

08/17/2008 7:53 PM

Silly fellow. You forgot to add 2 gills of toad juice, a magnetic monopole, and a dash of buckeyballs. Then it'll work!

This discussion was "closed" on 08/17/2008 10:11 PM. No new comments are allowed.
Message from admins:
The HHO scam has been widely discussed on CR4. Until HHO is verified by a legitimate, independent testing body, all discussions on this scam will be closed.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

DVader1000 (1); HMcDuck (2); Mark684 (2); TVP45 (1); vicini (2)

Previous in Forum: Olympics Highlight - 50M Shooting Program   Next in Forum: Pneumatic Power

Advertisement