Previous in Forum: NASA looking to use plasma propulsion in space   Next in Forum: NASA announces $250,000 lunar oxygen challenge
Close
Close
Close
Friend of CR4

Good Answers: 35

NASA plans to save the Hubble Telescope

05/15/2005 3:10 PM

Sphillips writes:
New NASA administrator Mike Griffin appears to be reversing his predecessor's stance on the Hubble Space Telescope. Griffin told the Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, and Science, that the agency is planning a shuttle mission to upgrade the Hubble. He also stated that this would delay two future missions to search for extrasolar planets - the Space Interferometry Mission, which had been scheduled for 2011, and the Terrestrial Planet Finder, which was set to launch in 2014.

I'm happy about this plan, but how does everyone else feel about saving the Hubble at the cost of exploring Mars and other points in and beyond the Solar System?

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
The Feature Creep

Cost vs. Benefit

05/16/2005 9:43 AM

I think that we benefit a lot more from keeping Hubble in the air than sending a manned mission to Mars. Personally I think that they should do both, but I know that will never happen.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: NASA looking to use plasma propulsion in space   Next in Forum: NASA announces $250,000 lunar oxygen challenge
You might be interested in: Telescopes, Distance Meters, Surveying Instruments

Advertisement