Previous in Forum: Pump strainer   Next in Forum: Help Choosing Relays
Close
Close
Close
6 comments
Power-User
Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member

Good Answers: 21

Ejector spray nozzle

09/10/2008 4:06 AM

Hello to all

On CCR unit we have experienced a serious failure of a gas scrubber spray nozzle due the erosion especially after three years of operation. This ejector is used to removing small amounts of hydrochloric acid and chlorine from a process gas stream. We are in possession of all process condition and the rest of requirements of this gas scruber ( the details of process gas and scrubbing liquid, pressures , temperatures, a complete technical sheet of this gas scrubber ). Does anybody knows how to calculate the dimension of this spray nozzle? For sure is 3/4" external diameter.

Many thanks in advance

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Power-User
Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member

Re: Ejector spray nozzle

09/10/2008 4:09 AM

One more detail, is known orifice nozzle. Thanks again!

Good Answers: 2
In reply to #1

09/11/2008 8:52 AM

I work for a company that makes Ejector Venturi Scrubbers. I recommend you procure the nozzle from the Manufacturer. There are many variables (spray angle, solid or hollow cone, spiral design, etc.) that you will not be able to determine.

Register to Reply
Guru
Engineering Fields - Environmental Engineering - New Member APIX Pilot Plant Design Project - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 101

09/10/2008 10:40 PM

Why not just use one the same size as the defective one? It was sized to meet the plant's needs, so it should be good enough, unless the plant has been upgraded to increase output and the facilities weren't correspondingly upgraded to meet the increased demand.

In reply to #2

09/11/2008 1:13 AM

Thank you for your reply

I intend to use same zize of this spray nozzle. But I have only outside diameter ( mean 3/4" ) and oriffice nozzle value. I have not any ideea about internal profile of this nozzle. I guess should be as a cone? Does any body have any drawing of any nozzle to inspire me in this internal profile?

Many thanks in advance

Good Answers: 182
In reply to #3

09/14/2008 11:35 AM

The profile depends on what is expected:

- a jet

- a spray

If only a jet then a simple conical profile with an angle around 15-20° is sufficient. The angle has to be rather low in order to avoid a jet "explosion" at outlet.

If the wish is to spray over a larger area then there is a piece in the nozzle which generates a rotational movement of the fluid. At outlet the diameter decreases and the rotational speed increases so that the fluid jet will be under the effect of a strong centrifugal force and will be parted in droplets. The helix angle has to be optimized for the fluid viscosity and specific mass.

If you ever need more details use the direct channel.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 19

09/11/2008 4:11 PM

What material is the nozzle body and orifice?

Does the nozzle thread into the body, or is it a single casting machined to final shape?

What is system flow rate and per nozzle flow rate? What is pressure?

There are numorous spray nozzle companies that know a lot more about nozzles than I do, and would consult with you to find the right product selection.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

AUREL MARES (2); DVader1000 (1); Mechanicalmark (1); nick name (1); Ried (1)

Previous in Forum: Pump strainer   Next in Forum: Help Choosing Relays

Advertisement