Previous in Forum: Angle Valve   Next in Forum: DP level transmitters and Differential Pressure Transmitter
Close
Close
Close
3 comments
Active Contributor
Egypt - Member - New Member

boilers and turbine control system

09/21/2008 7:43 AM

HI all,

please need help, I need to know anything (everything if possible :) ) about boilers and boilers control sequence, and for turbine if anyone knows about Mark V or IV control system and its job, and thank you for your concern.

thanks alot,,,

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Good Answers: 87

Re: boilers and turbine control system

09/21/2008 10:02 AM

Omar, These sorts of posts usually don't get much response as they are too general, and they ask things that can easily be googled. Have you googled turbine control, boiler control, boilers, GE Mark V, GE Mark IV, etc? There is lots of general info on the web. When you have specific questions about specific concepts or problems, then bring those here and we will help.

Register to Reply
Associate

09/22/2008 4:24 AM

Hi,

I've little bit information that hopes help you.

It's depending on boiler type you wanna to discuss with, i.e. Hot Water Boiler or Fire Tube Boiler. Both types need burner to boil the water in bank for Hot Water Boiler and direct heating at tube for Fire Tube Boiler.

For Hot Water Boiler you need several instrument & safety measurements for water system such as Pressure & Level Transmitters, Thermostat and the most importance is Pressure Safety Valve as the safety equipment.

For instance please go thru the boiler manufacture website that can assist you in detail.

Enjoy your hot coffee…

Cheers,

Register to Reply
Guru
Hobbies - DIY Welding - pipewelder

Good Answers: 33

09/23/2008 10:52 AM

If you are talking about industrial power boilers they have a burner management control system. Many times it works with the soot blower sequencing system on the boiler as well as other systems that control equipment around the boiler. Things like safety sensors, flame scanners, drum level, oxygen sensors, steam purges, atomizing steam, fuel conveyors etc. could set off a boiler trip. Being the turbines usually run in sync with the boiler or at least the pressure of the main steam line their controls are set to monitor these things while they operate. In the mill I work at we have a load shed system so hopefully if we loose a boiler then we shut down the things we need the least first. The turbines would stay on as long as we could keep the superheated steam header above a certain set pressure level. I have built several of these burner management systems for large industrial boilers and although the basic control system is allot alike each client has different ways of connecting to the other systems to operate together. Hope this helps.

pipewelder

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

pipewelder (1); Steve S. (1); Ynnor (1)

Previous in Forum: Angle Valve   Next in Forum: DP level transmitters and Differential Pressure Transmitter

Advertisement