Previous in Forum: Mercedes 430S Class 2000 - Heater Problem   Next in Forum: bearing
Close
Close
Close
2 comments
Participant

1998 Nissan Pathfinder - Uneven Front End

02/02/2009 11:59 AM

I have a '98 Nissan Pathfinder, bought about a year ago. The struts had been replaced not long before I bought the truck but for new suspension I've been a little dissapointed in the ride quality. I'm not taking the truck off road, just normal driving conditions. The absorbsion is pretty rough for a truck that reviews as a fairly smooth ride. I've noticed that the driver side front end seems to be sitting lower than the passenger side. I caught this almost immediately after I bought it but didnt put too much thought into it for the price I paid and the fact that it got me from a to b without a problem, noise. etc. After nearly a year with it, I've decided I might have it taken care of for the sake of a better ride and avoiding uneven wear on some good tires. I also want to avoid a dangerous mistake by ignoring it for too long. I know about the common "death sway" with bad rear stabilizer bars, and I actually had my fun working through that mess not long after buying it. The truck has never been in an accident and the front end supposedly checked out. I was wondering if anyone knew of this uneven front end stance being a common problem with the suspension, bushings, front end, anything. Any info could help. Thanks

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Hobbies - RC Aircraft - New Member Hobbies - Automotive Performance - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member

Good Answers: 123

Re: 1998 Nissan Pathfinder - Uneven Front End

02/02/2009 10:04 PM

If the previous owner was taking it off road much, he may have opted for a strut that could handle the extra abuse. That will be hard to get around without replacing the struts again with something with a softer ride. What tires do you have on there? If you have larger than stock tires that are run with high pressures in them (65 -85 psi), you will have a rough ride also. If your tire pressures are the same, then it must be a softer spring, or a bent suspension component. The only other thing it could be is if your vehicle has adjustable torsion bars. If your Nissan has these, it could be that one of them needs to be adjusted. Good luck.

In reply to #1

Re: 1998 Nissan Pathfinder - Uneven Front End

02/03/2009 9:57 AM

You never really know what kind of punishment the last owner put on it. I'm starting to think that the coil may have seen some rough times. Thanks for the info.

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 2 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: Mercedes 430S Class 2000 - Heater Problem   Next in Forum: bearing

Advertisement