Previous in Forum: Material hunting   Next in Forum: Synchronous belt drive parts
Close
Close
Close
5 comments
Active Contributor

windmill design...

03/14/2009 9:12 AM

hi friends,i want to know the design procedure to design a small windmill to my home.So to design a windmill what are the input or prerequired datas should i have?how to design the blade section and dimension of the blades?Because i've no experience in designing these systems.Or if any case studies available about this design calculations please send the link or file to my mail.My id is raj_m12001@yahoo.co.in.

thanks in advance...

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".
Anonymous Poster

Re: windmill design...

03/14/2009 2:46 PM

Check out this site.

Register to Reply
Anonymous Poster

03/14/2009 11:15 PM

First off,do you have enought wind around 10 mph or more.Then their are 2 types vawt or hawt ,each you can google and read about.What kind of generator or alternator to use.If you are going to build one,first let me tell you it could cost up to $1000.00 for about a 1kw wind turbine.Here is a good site that you can get much info

http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-1000-watt-wind-turbine/

Read through most of what the people have asked already,and you will find many answers to you questions without asking and making a fool of yourself. I have built a 1kw VAWT.Vawt's will take alot of work,and you will most likely have to weld some parts,the magnets cost alot.If you just have fair wind,I think that you would be better off with solar pannels,get them used or get refurbished ones.Also you could get grief with the neighbor's and with the town.seems like everyone is saying GO GREEN but when you do you have all kinds of people complaining. The HAWT's are the worst. Some are quite noisey,but some aren't too bad.Some say the hawts produce more energy then do the vawt.Myself it all depends on how you build both,the trubine and the alternator.Well good luck, and add up the cost before you get into it.Save before you spend.

Register to Reply Good Answer (Score 2)
Anonymous Poster
In reply to #2

03/15/2009 12:18 AM

hi friends.thanks a lot for your guidence...i'l try to build it.if any doubts,i'l contact you.thank you very much...

Register to Reply
Power-User

Good Answers: 2

03/15/2009 1:16 PM

The one thing that you will be tempted to do is attached your windmill to your roof. It's all ready high and that would reduce your mast. Don't do it. There are lot of reasons. But the one I always found the most compelling was that if anything goes wrong, high wind what ever. You damage your roof. The other is that your house is just not designed for the constant vibration of a windmill. Good luck with your project.

Register to Reply Good Answer (Score 2)
Commentator

Good Answers: 3
In reply to #4

03/16/2009 8:17 AM

THAT IS GOOD ADVICE! we all talk about the turbine and how to make it but seldom get good safety advice thanks.

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 5 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (3); fishpipes (1); Spotsart (1)

Previous in Forum: Material hunting   Next in Forum: Synchronous belt drive parts

Advertisement